Excursion Question

Dallas Bengal

Has anyone been on the following excusions?? Any info would be great. DD's are 14 & 16

Grand Cayman:

Reef 'N Rays Snorkeling

Allura Catamaran Sail to Stingray City Sandbar

Coral reef and Stingray Safari

Dolphin Encounter & Stingray City

Besides the ship tours there are several private tour companies offering similar tours. You can check tripadvisor and these boards for input and reviews.

We used "Moby Dick" for the snorkel and stingray tour - great service, smaller boat, no pressure to buy pictures or DVDs, and kid sized equipment in case the adult gear does not fit your DDs. 20-30 minutes of snorkel time followed by a fun experience with the Rays for about 1/2 the cost of the Carnival tour (I think we paid about $40 each). If I was bringing my teens to GC that's the tour I'd sign up for.:D

Good luck!:)

We did the Stingray tour about 8 years ago when my kids where 11 and 14 years old-gosh, time flies, it seems like just yesterday. Anyway, it was a great tour and is still a great family memory. The crew was funny and knowledgeable. They pick you up at the dock and take you out to the sandbar on a pontoon boat, where they treat you to some punch. Then they drop anchor and you can go out onto the sandbar and feed the stingrays, pat them, and sometimes hold one to get a picture. These are beautiful and gentle creatures and they swarm you in great numbers when you are holding some fish. I think this is a nice family trip and it's not too long. On the tour we did we were also driven around town briefly stopping in "Hell", visiting a turtle farm and of course the Rum Cake shop. Have fun!

Just booked Moby Dicks...I will let you know how it was when we get back...can't wait. My 16 year old is a little hesitant she says she remembers Steve Irwin, But said she would do it if everyone else wanted

to. I know how she is and she will jump right in and have a blast.

Thanks again for the info

• 2 weeks later...
Just booked Moby Dicks...I will let you know how it was when we get back...can't wait. My 16 year old is a little hesitant she says she remembers Steve Irwin, But said she would do it if everyone else wanted

to. I know how she is and she will jump right in and have a blast.

Thanks again for the info

Search this forum for "stingray stings' and you will find some threads that will help your 16 year old with her fears. Apparently different kind and size of stingray than the one the Steve Irwin encountered.

We did this excursion with no problems....just remember to do the stingray shuffle (shuffle your feet along rather than stepping)

Archived