Traveling between Uffizi and Accademia on foot

wannabetraveler

get tickets online,just google....walk is easy and lots of cafes,etc.to get a bite of food....but see one, then take relaxing lunch break,,,,trying to hurry will lessen the experience,,my husband was sort of "museum ed out" after the first....needed a few glasses of wine and pasta to tackle the next.hahaha....;)

Florence is an extremely walkable city, and the two museums are relatively close together. You'll also be walking right by the Duomo on your way through.

For a quick bite to eat, there are a number of small cafes (I believe they are called tavolas) right near the Duomo. You can get paninis at these cafes for cheap and to go.

If time is an issue, try to get reservations ahead of time. I'm not sure how busy the museums are in September. We were in Florence in November and walked right in.

Just planning on going to Uffizi and Accademia Gallery's in Sept. Plan to walk from Uffizi to Accademia. Can this be done? How long should it take me? Places to eat along the way and get it fast? Thanks

Go to www.maps.google.com , click on the walking icon, and enter the starting and ending locations. You will get the walking route map and directions. I just did it. It's .8 mi and should take about 15 min give or take.

Archived