Motion Sickness Cures

zaby

I've used meclazine for about 10 years.....over the counter drugs make me sleepy!! Meclazine was first introduced to me aboard a HAL cruise. The purser's desk handed them out. It worked so well that I have a doctor prescribe them before every cruise. The natural stuff doesn't work for me because I get every possible kind of motion sickness!!!!

All those medicines, sea bands etc make me loopy. But natural ways to help nausea. Stick to ginger candy, ginger root capsules,which can be at any GNC health food store. Also mild green, peppermint or chamomile tea will also help. And of course ginger ale and peppermint candy. I hope this helps.

the best cure is PREVENTION! ;) I take the non sleepy, 24 hr. bronine pills. Take one every morning....before you feel sick! Good luck!

Can you get these over the counter? I called my doctor and asked him to call in a prescription for the sea sick patches... go to the pharmacy and they wanted to charge me $100.00 :eek:... I said No Thank You... ! Obviously my health insurance did not cover this... so now I am on the hunt again. Don't want anything to ruin our trip!

Hey guys, just dropped in and was reading about the motion. We haved cruised for 17 years. Everyone is different, the sea bands are ONLY a pressure point. They work great for our 5 year old granddaughter. She gets sick and we have to have something. It is a pressure point on your wrist, that's it. You can buy them just about anywhere. I am very easy to get sick. I don't know why the patches were so much. How many were you getting? They use these for cancer patients. I have used them for every cruise I have been on. It says to change every three days, however, I use for 7 and they work. When my head starts feeling funny I change. In about 30 minutes I am fine. When I shower I take it off and put it back in the pack until I finish. When I dry my hair and my neck is dry I put it back on. It works great! If you ever get sick on a ship and CAN'T get off you would do anything. If you have to go to the ship doctor, it is very expensive. Don't mess up a wonderful trip! Have a great time.

There are many pointers, go to different boards and read them. Double zip lock your liquids. We learned the hard way. Keep anything of value in your carry on. Last year we had some, miss things from their luggage being delivered. The drinks they offer when you first walk on, they are NOT free, J.F.Y.I. The items in your cabin, drinks, candy, bottled water, NOT FREE. You can carry coke, water, etc. on, no alcohol. Your cabin steward, tell them your first day if anything extra you want, extra towels whatever. They are there to please. These people, stewards, waiters work for tips. They make very little, we heard 100.00 a month. They depend on those tips. Most, send their money home to families, trying to save for a home. They only get to go home for 6-8 weeks every 9 months to a year. You can see the tip guideline, I would hate to work for that. If you don't care for a selection of food for instance. You can order something different or more of something you really like. If you put anything but excellent down on the comment card they get into trouble. Trouble meaning, lose tables in the dining room, cabins for the steward. It gets into their money. Of course, it isn't their fault if you don't care for something and we would say "good" not excellent, but that ISN'T the way the cruise line thinks. If you have someone that doesn't take care of your needs that is different. If you haven't cruised a lot, no way to know. Check the cruise line prices everyday until final payment. If the price drops you can get a credit. Most tours can be booked OFF the ship. There are a few places you would want to book from the ship but most it doesn't matter. You can research the "tours" and when you walk off there are drivers everywhere. You can hire a driver and go the same places for MUCH LESS. Be sure and check the a.c. that it works well, don't depend on them, any of them saying it does. My daughter learned that the hard way on one of hers. You can read on the boards that most book off. If you have any questions most can answer that have cruised for awhile. I will try to help, if I can.

HAPPY CRUISING!!

The Willerson's

Archived