FIrst Timer Fascination Reveiw July 10-15

TnMama

We flew into Jacksonville the day before sailing. We stayed at the Jacksonville Plaza and Suites. I reccomend this small hotel for just an overnight visit. It was easy to get to, clean,and we single gals felt safe in the area. There is a cute little pond out front, and you can feed the fish. Its a non smoking hotel, but you can smoke anywhere outside.

Arrival at Jaxport.

We arrived at Jaxport around 10:30 or 11am. There were lines,and a short wait before embarking on the ship. The Port staff was super friendly,and the place, while small is clean and runs very smoothly.

My first steps on the ship! I was truly in awe of the massive size of the ship! I thought I would never learn my way around, but it didnt take long, on this Fantasy class ship. My roomie and I walked around for a few minutes and found our way to the buffet. I again was in awe of the amounts of food,and made it a point to try new things. The potato salad was divine, as was the mac n cheese and mashed potato's. After lunch we made our way to Guest Serivices so I could put cash on my S and S card. Easy, I was ready for my first DOD.

I had the Twilight Zone. Its a pina coloda with blue curaco in it and oh so yum. It was my fav. drink of the cruise.

By 1:30 our room was ready. We had a porthole room, on Starboard side, very front. I loved this room. It had more space than I had thought it would. there is also a windo seat by the port holes,and it became a great place to sit and watch the sea.We met our room steward, Jamie. He was WONDERFUL, very friendly,and helpful.We hung our in our room for a few until saftey drill. We breezed through that,and made our way up for sail away.

We had pre agreed to meet up with the fellow CCers from our Roll Call at the Whale Tail deck at sail away. So with DOD's in hand, we crossed under the Dames Point Bridge. It was great meeting up with friends we had spoken with on CC for months before sailaway.

We had late dinning,and were in the Sensation dining room. the staff was great,as was the food! I had a few things over the 5 days I didnt care for, but everyone's taste are different. I reccomend the lamb,mango soup,and bitter n blanc.

'

Day 1 sea day. We were having DOD's by 10 am on the Lido deck,chairs.and pretty toasted by noon.I didnt have a problem with chair hogs at ALL! Made our way to the Lido grill for lunch. the burgers were great! That night was formal night, so after a nap everyone got dressed up! Dinner was wonderful, as it was every night.

Day 2 Half Moon Cay. It is by far more pretty than everyone says it is. the pictures simply dont do it justice. the sand is like powder,the sun, so close you can touch it,and the sea, well, its clear and calm. you can swim and play or just chill on the beach. There are plenty of excursions to do, but my roomie and I chose to lay on the beach. Bring extra sunblock with you,and be sure to put it on, liberally and often. I got really burned.

Day 3 Nassau, My roomie and I had breakfast,and decided to take our time before debarking. She went her way for a bit while I sat up on the Lido with fellow coffee drinker/smoker "friends" I made. {I was the only one in my group who smoked,but they never once made me feel out of place for doing that,and I made new buddies over a cup of coffee or DOD and a smoke}. Somehow I managed to hurt my foot at some point during the first day, so she and I decided to just toodle around on foot {I limped} and we shopped and popped in stores. tee shirts are cheap, the Straw Market was neat,but its the hottest place Ive ever been. Its so stuffy you cant breathe in there. the vendors WILL bargain with you,so bargain. thanks to these boards, i was able to remember to do that.

We found our way in and out of shops, the Del Sol Store was neat!

We made out way back to the ship for lunch and a nap before meeting back at Senor Frogs. THat place was FUN!!!!

Day 4 at sea.we didnt do much of anything that day. packed, didnt really drink much,ate!!! We hated to tell our wait staff good bye.

There is more to this review, but this is what Ive got out of me right now! It was a great time! I love my new buddies,and cant wait to sail again, but the next time with my kids.

I/we are so pumped up and ready to go.

This review reminded me of our trip on the Fantasy...

the first time walking onboard...seeing how big it was.

Our next was the Triumph and this one is the Elation,

another Fantasy class. We are hoping we will like it as much as the Fantasy.

Me and my son just did about 98% of our packing tonight.

My wife waits until later on to prevent wrinkles.

6 More Days!!:D

Thank you for your review. We are sailing on Fascination on Saturday. It's our first cruise ever :) Yay!

Right there with you. This will be my third time on her and I am looking forward to seeing her renovations. Thanks for the review.

I love reviews from a first-timer!

There is nothing quite like those first few moments on board when you do the "Exorcist" thing... (:eek:) turning your head in every direction trying to take in all the sights! :D

I'm glad you had a great cruise.

Your words sure made me wanna go again, and my next cruise will only be my second! :)

Having just sailed on the Freedom, after 5 times on Fantasy class size ships, I like the "smaller" Fantasy class better....Not knocking the Freedom it was just a lil bigger than I like...Looking forward to going out of J-Ville on the next one

Having just sailed on the Freedom, after 5 times on Fantasy class size ships, I like the "smaller" Fantasy class better....Not knocking the Freedom it was just a lil bigger than I like...Looking forward to going out of J-Ville on the next one

there are pictures from our trip in my signature

cruzerdad- did you sail the western carribean? would love to hear about your trip. sailing on the freedom next week

cruzerdad- did you sail the western carribean? would love to hear about your trip. sailing on the freedom next week

Great photos. I am so excited about this cruise. It is set up just like Fantasy. I loved that ship. Yeah, so pretty:D

I actually did like it. it gives the cabin a lot more room and light

I have seen alot of people booking PT rooms lately. After I see the photos, I am sure I would book one. The prices are usually lower too. Booked a 4A on Fascination and a 1A on Elation.

I actually did like it. it gives the cabin a lot more room and light

We love port hole rooms. We try to get them whenever we can. All pt rooms are not the same size, but they all are good. The only thing is on port days you will hear noise from the thrusters. But we never sleep in so it's no big deal for us. Thanks, Lynda

Thanks for the photos and the review! Makes us excited for our October Fascination cruise which will be our very first Carnival cruise although we have been on most of the other mass maket lines and have become true cruise addicts.:) Looking forward to our PT room on the Main deck (M 30) too since we got it for the inside cabin price several months ago. I know I will love having the natural light and at least a "peek" at what's outside!!!

Im glad yall have liked my simple reveiw! I have not had much time to be on here since I got home.

A few things I learned the hard way and a few the easy way

Easy way:

You CAN do your FIrst with just a roll on suitcase that you carry on to an airplane!

Cruising with friends is a great way to do your first. and your friends accept you when you want to do your own thing.

Dont say you wont drink much, b/c I did.:)

Take twice as much money!

Room serivce is open from the minute you get on the ship!{thanks to our room stweard,i got my frist Roast beef and brie before dinner on night one!}

Serenity deck has towels for you to ck out {I even snuck mine up to water works to do the slides,and just brought it back!}

Hard Way:

BriNG YOUR TENNIS SHOES!!! I dont care if it is 100 degree's, you will be walking alot. And you could hirt your feet with all that walking,so bring them.

Bring Q tips, my eye make up applier broke,and I used my fingers, a q tip would have been handy.

APPLY, APPLY, APPLY on the heafty SPF. every hr, I reccomend.

Dont worry about what you look like. there will be fatter and thinner ppl than you, worst and better dressed, just be you,relax and have fun. {I had a hard time relaxing}

BUY INTERNET TIME, to email home, if your sans the kids and worried about them. I didnt do this,but it would have been easier on me if I had!

HAVE FUN!!! DOnt be a fuddy Duddy {I did that some, I got home sick really bad,and ive travelled with out my kids before,but this was diff}

ENJOY YOURSELF, your on vacation. Meet new ppl, stay up late, take a nap, have that after dinner DOD,and you will sleep like a baby!

Take the bonine with you! Michelle saved me from sure sea sickness with that stuff,and all you need is one a day and you will be fine.

Went and looked at your pictures - we sail Saturday on the Fascination and are doing the snorkel adventure at Stuarts Cove. Oh my gosh!!! Those shark pictures had me almost hyperventilating! I thought I would be good to go until I saw your pictures! I think I might be the official photographer for that part of the trip ;):p

Archived