Attn: NCL.... suggestion to solve bathroom 'issues'

sjbdtz

The curtain track which runs between the bedroom and the bath area? Reverse it so that the opening part is next to the sink.

That way someone can use their forearm to push-back the curtain, in order to reach the sink on the other side.

Next, install those Swisher deodorizers, and tie them into the motion sensor.

Next, install a 2nd curtain track a couple of feet inside the cabin door. That way the corridor door can be opened without exposing the shower / toilet area, and the person using those facilities will be completely enclosed by privacy curtains.

Make the curtains vinyl, so that they can be sprayed with disinfectant, and/or sanitized easily.

Total cost: labour to adjust the tracks, some track, vinyl, and deodorizers.... could be a relatively easy retrofit.

Then the only remaining hurdle is noise.......so stop serving beans at the buffet (or Moderno)!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

The curtain does open next to the sink. Someone on another thread also complained there is no place to hang your cloths or towl on when in the shower. That is not true there are two hooks attached to the shower on the outside. If you don't want anyone walking into the cabin when using the stool, deadbolt the door. I do all the time regardless of my activity within the cabin for security reasons.

Sounds a lot like puting lipstick on a pig to me.

The real soution is to rip out all the cabins and put four cabins in the space now occupied by five. Admittedly, that is not very practical so the best solutions would be the following;

1. Install totally opaque doors on the shower and toilet which extend from the floor to the ceiling - no opening.

2. Install an exhaust fan in the toilet area and provide a can of air deoderizer in the toilet area.

3. Replace the curtain with an accordian-type folding door.

4. Replace sinks with larger ones and install a medicine cabinet above the sink.

5. Fire anyone who had anything to do with the current bathroom design.

The curtain does open next to the sink. Someone on another thread also complained there is no place to hang your cloths or towl on when in the shower. That is not true there are two hooks attached to the shower on the outside. If you don't want anyone walking into the cabin when using the stool, deadbolt the door. I do all the time regardless of my activity within the cabin for security reasons.

And turn your cabin steward wheel to DO NOT DISTURB :D

Sounds a lot like puting lipstick on a pig to me.

The real soution is to rip out all the cabins and put four cabins in the space now occupied by five. Admittedly, that is not very practical so the best solutions would be the following;

1. Install totally opaque doors on the shower and toilet which extend from the floor to the ceiling - no opening.

2. Install an exhaust fan in the toilet area and provide a can of air deoderizer in the toilet area.

3. Replace the curtain with an accordian-type folding door.

4. Replace sinks with larger ones and install a medicine cabinet above the sink.

5. Fire anyone who had anything to do with the current bathroom design.

I really think that you should not comment on what they should do or should not do if you have never cruised on this ship...There are very large medicine cabinet's already installed above each sink with it's own light. Light switch is located under the cabinet.

However, it has been posted here that the deadbolt does not prevent someone entering using their key.

I really think that you should not comment on what they should do or should not do if you have never cruised on this ship...There are very large medicine cabinet's already installed above each sink with it's own light. Light switch is located under the cabinet.

I did not see the medicine cabinet in the photos. However, I do not have to be on the ship to know there is a problem and propose solutions. A number of people on this board were criticized because they did not do their homework before they cruised. I always do my homework and there is enough info on these boards to know there is a real problem with the shower / toilet arrangement. Engineers put a man on the moon without ever visiting the moon. Intelligent people can analyze available data and make decisions.

I did not see the medicine cabinet in the photos. However, I do not have to be on the ship to know there is a problem and propose solutions. A number of people on this board were criticized because they did not do their homework before they cruised. I always do my homework and there is enough info on these boards to know there is a real problem with the shower / toilet arrangement. Engineers put a man on the moon without ever visiting the moon. Intelligent people can analyze available data and make decisions.

You really think this is a fair comparison?! Overall, I think that the one's making the most noise about the layout of the bathrooms are the majority that have not even been on the ship...It is differenct than any other ship I have cruised on but it was a non-issue for me...and believe or not, not a topic of conversation when on the ship...;)

why do some people get so testy about fun suggestions. if you have heard enough about the bathrooms then just bypass the bathroom threads. there is no point in getting upset with everyone just because you don't like their suggestions. differences in opinions and ideas are what make life fun and interesting.

You really think this is a fair comparison?! Overall, I think that the one's making the most noise about the layout of the bathrooms are the majority that have not even been on the ship...It is differenct than any other ship I have cruised on but it was a non-issue for me...and believe or not, not a topic of conversation when on the ship...;)

Again, for the umteenth time, the idea is to find out the problems before you get on the ship. I have six regular balcony cabins booked for clients on the Epic in January. They are all seniors and most are friends of mine. I do not want to have these people mad at me. I have a Spa Suite so I do not have the same problem. Check out Mr. Luckytoo's post on the Epic Bathroom thread. He was on the ship. The arrangement is unacceptable for people who are used to cruising. I certainly will not tell my clients to use the public bathrooms like some *&^%* have suggested (being kind).

Again, for the umteenth time, the idea is to find out the problems before you get on the ship. I have six regular balcony cabins booked for clients on the Epic in January. They are all seniors and most are friends of mine. I do not want to have these people mad at me. I have a Spa Suite so I do not have the same problem. Check out Mr. Luckytoo's post on the Epic Bathroom thread. He was on the ship. The arrangement is unacceptable for people who are used to cruising. I certainly will not tell my clients to use the public bathrooms like some *&^%* have suggested (being kind).

I am use to cruising and there are not bathroom configurations on any other ship. This is different so you probably have your answer. If you need a traditional like everyone else cruise ship bathroom don't cruise on this ship.

there is enough info on these boards to know there is a real problem with the shower / toilet arrangement.

I think you may want to go back and review that information... You may find that "all that info" is from the same 3 or 4 people repeating themselves endlessly. Maybe.... just sayin.

Engineers put a man on the moon without ever visiting the moon. Intelligent people can analyze available data and make decisions.

Are you sure about that?? :p

~Intrepid <-- would pee off the balcony given a chance

Intelligent people can analyze available data and make decisions.

Yes they can.... for themselves - however, they cannot make suggestions to a company on how to correct a problem they have never experienced!!!!

So, you are telling me you would call up McDonalds and tell them how to change a sandwich you have never eaten? Tell Honda the best way to fix a car you have never driven?? Criticize an author for a book you have never read?? Tell a cruise line how to fix a cabin you have never stayed in?? - uh, wait.

~Intrepid <-- up to here.

Agreed. Have heard WAY more about bathrooms on the board, than onboard.

This statement is false. As a mathematician, to me a statement is not true unless it is true at all times, which this is not. I've been cruising since 1975 and the one thing I have always wished was different was the bathrooms. As someone who is 'used to cruising', not only do I not find this arrangement 'unacceptable', I am absolutely looking forward to it. Of course, I realize that I don't speak for everyone, which doesn't seem to be the case with the posters I've seen who dislike the setup - as you've illustrated above, people who don't like the design seem to expect everyone to dislike it, but it simply isn't possible to know what anyone else is going to like or dislike based on our personal viewpoints.

I read in another thread that you've been trying to talk your friends out of sailing on the Epic but they have refused to change. I can only imagine how you've described the bathroom setup to them (I'm sure you were completely objective to give them the opportunity to make their own informed decisions), but they've chosen to keep their bookings. Is it really so impossible that they might just not care - or even think it's a good idea? You say that they're seniors; perhaps after decades of marriage they're comfortable seeing/hearing/smelling each other using bathroom facilities. Or maybe they've just gotten to a point in their lives where they have more important things to care about than whether someone might hear them pee. :)

Wow we just discovered the campground we are going to has outhouses and a public shower...how will we survive...what will we do OHHHH NOOOO better cancel our trip.

I have been on Epic. Yes it is different, and as I have said in a few of thses threads.

Get a grip. Every scenario you folks come up with have AT THEIR WORST CASE might occure once or twice in a 7 day cruise.

Yes you may decide to pee and you may decide to call for room service and the steward may show up at the same time and you may have to answer the door, but how many time is is possible.

Nobody we sailed with would have not gone on Epic because of this.

I still look at these threads on the toilets as I find it better than the funny papers by a long shot.

Also to those worried bout the 'touching of the drape". DO NOT GO OUT IN PUBLIC. I can tell you as a man, daily there are hundreds of thousands of people that do not wash after going to the bathroom. How has humanity survived. There should be office towers closed down daily.

I look forward to the 'bashing" I am about to take on this one......:)))))

Wow we just discovered the campground we are going to has outhouses and a public shower...how will we survive...what will we do OHHHH NOOOO better cancel our trip.

I have been on Epic. Yes it is different, and as I have said in a few of thses threads.

Get a grip. Every scenario you folks come up with have AT THEIR WORST CASE might occure once or twice in a 7 day cruise.

Yes you may decide to pee and you may decide to call for room service and the steward may show up at the same time and you may have to answer the door, but how many time is is possible.

Nobody we sailed with would have not gone on Epic because of this.

I still look at these threads on the toilets as I find it better than the funny papers by a long shot.

Also to those worried bout the 'touching of the drape". DO NOT GO OUT IN PUBLIC. I can tell you as a man, daily there are hundreds of thousands of people that do not wash after going to the bathroom. How has humanity survived. There should be office towers closed down daily.

I look forward to the 'bashing" I am about to take on this one......:)))))

Hear Hear !

At last some sense is prevailing. People need to get a grip.

I read in another thread that you've been trying to talk your friends out of sailing on the Epic but they have refused to change. I can only imagine how you've described the bathroom setup to them (I'm sure you were completely objective to give them the opportunity to make their own informed decisions), but they've chosen to keep their bookings. Is it really so impossible that they might just not care - or even think it's a good idea? You say that they're seniors; perhaps after decades of marriage they're comfortable seeing/hearing/smelling each other using bathroom facilities. Or maybe they've just gotten to a point in their lives where they have more important things to care about than whether someone might hear them pee. :)

I just sent them the photos and told them how close the toilet could be to the bed. I am certain that most of them will not be happy with this arrangement. I just want to make sure they understand the arrangement and how small the cabins are. I know most of them will be unhappy whey they experience it but I will have done all I could and would be willing to remind them of all my emails.

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink!

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink!

Or in this case, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot lead a horse back away from water, until it has had a drink.... :D

Archived