Attn: NCL.... suggestion to solve bathroom 'issues'

sjbdtz

I just sent them the photos and told them how close the toilet could be to the bed. I am certain that most of them will not be happy with this arrangement. I just want to make sure they understand the arrangement and how small the cabins are. I know most of them will be unhappy whey they experience it but I will have done all I could and would be willing to remind them of all my emails.

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink!

How can you KNOW they will be unhappy when you yourself have not experienced the bathroom set up?

How could you be unhappy if someone shot you when you not have experienced it?

I think it's commendable that upon recognizing that there are potential issues with the cabin design, you have informed your friends. I think you should give them more credit for knowing themselves, however. You've described the cabins and shown them pictures, and they've decided to keep their bookings. Do you not consider your friends intelligent or self aware enough to make a decision based on what THEY actually think is important? Do you really think that you know them and are able to predict how they will react better than they can?

As for your analogy here, I don't think it's relevant to this particular situation. Being shot affects every victim in exactly the same way; a projectile (or more than one) enters some part of the body and causes damage. The Epic bathrooms will NOT affect every passenger the same way. The ongoing debate here is proof of that.

I just sent them the photos and told them how close the toilet could be to the bed. I am certain that most of them will not be happy with this arrangement. I just want to make sure they understand the arrangement and how small the cabins are. I know most of them will be unhappy whey they experience it but I will have done all I could and would be willing to remind them of all my emails.

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink!

I think we can all agree that you will MAKE SURE they do NOT enjoy it...and if (or WHEN in your case) they don't, I sure wouldn't want to cruise with someone that would remind me of that 24/7. :eek:

Just go and enjoy your cruise and let them do the same.

I think we can all agree that you will MAKE SURE they do NOT enjoy it...and if (or WHEN in your case) they don't, I sure wouldn't want to cruise with someone that would remind me of that 24/7. :eek:

Just go and enjoy your cruise and let them do the same.

And when and if they dont like it, I am sure Giorgi-one will be back to let us all know about it. Again and again.... :rolleyes:

~Intrepid <-- marvels at the energy wasted

I think it's commendable that upon recognizing that there are potential issues with the cabin design, you have informed your friends. I think you should give them more credit for knowing themselves, however. You've described the cabins and shown them pictures, and they've decided to keep their bookings. Do you not consider your friends intelligent or self aware enough to make a decision based on what THEY actually think is important? Do you really think that you know them and are able to predict how they will react better than they can?

As for your analogy here, I don't think it's relevant to this particular situation. Being shot affects every victim in exactly the same way; a projectile (or more than one) enters some part of the body and causes damage. The Epic bathrooms will NOT affect every passenger the same way. The ongoing debate here is proof of that.

Actually, two couples have indicated they want to rebook on Celebrity. The others have not responded and I believe they have not paid attention to my emails. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the couples I know well will not be happy with this arrangement. Some things in life are not meant to be shared. I am booked in a Spa Suite which is a little better arrangement but nowere near as nice as the AC Penthouse Suites on the Jewle class ships. By the way, I have sailed on NCL eight times so I am not anit-NCL. I booked this cruise in August 2009 and convinced my friends to go on the cruise. Some of them have only cruised a few times and I feel that I have an obligation to make sure they know all the pros and cons of this cruise. For the last year, I have been selling them the pros, sending them all the info on the EPIC as it came out. I was not aware of the cons until recently. One thing I can say with certainty is that my friends and myself are not interested in going on a cruise where we have to suck it up and make do because NCL decided to design a ship for maximum profit. We are not going to use public bathrooms. We are all at a point in our lives where we are beyond that.

Actually, two couples have indicated they want to rebook on Celebrity. The others have not responded and I believe they have not paid attention to my emails. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the couples I know well will not be happy with this arrangement. Some things in life are not meant to be shared. I am booked in a Spa Suite which is a little better arrangement but nowere near as nice as the AC Penthouse Suites on the Jewle class ships. By the way, I have sailed on NCL eight times so I am not anit-NCL. I booked this cruise in August 2009 and convinced my friends to go on the cruise. Some of them have only cruised a few times and I feel that I have an obligation to make sure they know all the pros and cons of this cruise. For the last year, I have been selling them the pros, sending them all the info on the EPIC as it came out. I was not aware of the cons until recently. One thing I can say with certainty is that my friends and myself are not interested in going on a cruise where we have to suck it up and make do because NCL decided to design a ship for maximum profit. We are not going to use public bathrooms. We are all at a point in our lives where we are beyond that.

NCL made sure, after spending 1.2 billion on this ship, that they have put a very unique product on the water. This ship is awesome! Maybe instead of bashing the "cons" just cancel and put yourself and us out of the misery! ;)

NCL made sure, after spending 1.2 billion on this ship, that they have put a very unique product on the water. This ship is awesome! Maybe instead of bashing the "cons" just cancel and put yourself and us out of the misery! ;)

You and many other cheerleaders on these boards have a really lousy attitude. If anyone disagrees with you, your response is always something like book another ship or stop posting here, etc. There are obvious problems with the Epic and NCL should be made to take responsibility and these boards are one of the best ways to do it. However, for all those who choose to keep sailing on Epic, you will be the beneficiaries of our endeavors. NCL will have to lower prices to get anyone on this ship. It may take a while but it will happen. No need to thank me now. I will return when prices drop and reminid you all and you can thank me then.

You and many other cheerleaders on these boards have a really lousy attitude. If anyone disagrees with you, your response is always something like book another ship or stop posting here, etc. There are obvious problems with the Epic and NCL should be made to take responsibility and these boards are one of the best ways to do it. However, for all those who choose to keep sailing on Epic, you will be the beneficiaries of our endeavors. NCL will have to lower prices to get anyone on this ship. It may take a while but it will happen. No need to thank me now. I will return when prices drop and reminid you all and you can thank me then.

WTH? NCL has been setting record breaking booking trends since this ship came out. Soon I will be able to come back and tell you that you waited too long to book and now you are going to have to pay a higher fare. They are not trending down but up...Where do you get your information?

I was on the ship for the July 10th sailing.....I did not have any problems with the bathroom situation. Actually it was a nice change. I don't think we ever pulled the curtain shut. And you really can not see into the bathroom thru the frosted glass, unless you are trying to. The sink is a problem it is not deep enough, but if you do not turn the faucet all the way up, it can be controlled. I did have to ask the steward about the water staying in the sink, I had no idea you had to push on it to open and close. It would have been nice if we had been informed of a lot of minor things when we arrived in our room. It took me 2 days to find the light over the sink...it is way back at the rear underneath the medicine cabinet.

JumpOverBoardJudy

For the person that stated there is a medicine cabinet over the sink...have you sailed this ship, because I kept trying to open it and then realized it DIDN"T open ! I am wondering if anyone else's cabinet opened ? :rolleyes:

For the person that stated there is a medicine cabinet over the sink...have you sailed this ship, because I kept trying to open it and then realized it DIDN"T open ! I am wondering if anyone else's cabinet opened ? :rolleyes:

Mine certainly did not.

WTH? NCL has been setting record breaking booking trends since this ship came out. Soon I will be able to come back and tell you that you waited too long to book and now you are going to have to pay a higher fare. They are not trending down but up...Where do you get your information?

I liked the ship minus a few issues.

I did not like the bathrooms. Dog me if you like but I did not like them.

To say that it is doing well is true. However time will tell if it is good marketing and selling the word innovative or if it is what people really want.

People are all in a honeymoon about this ship. Time will tell what the public wants.

The comparison to an outhouse while camping that someone else made is not fair. Why not pitch a tent on the desk an equally silly analogy.

Now having been on the ship I do not think the bathroom is enough of an issue to cancel a trip but it is not a winning feature either.

[quote name='Abear2'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=navy]For the person that stated there is a medicine cabinet over the sink...have you sailed this ship, because I kept trying to open it and then realized it DIDN"T open ! I am wondering if anyone else's cabinet opened ? :rolleyes:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Ours did, Aft facing BA on deck 12.

[quote name='waygrumpy']I liked the ship minus a few issues.

I did not like the bathrooms. Dog me if you like but I did not like them.

To say that it is doing well is true. However time will tell if it is good marketing and selling the word innovative or if it is what people really want.

People are all in a honeymoon about this ship. Time will tell what the public wants.

The comparison to an outhouse while camping that someone else made is not fair. Why not pitch a tent on the desk an equally silly analogy.

Now having been on the ship I do not think the bathroom is enough of an issue to cancel a trip but it is not a winning feature either.[/quote]

Are you saying that in any of my posts I made the comparison to an outhouse? I did not and I was more than fine with the current layout of the cabin I sailed in. With time if the public is looking for something else within the cruise industry I am sure NCL or any other cruise line will adjust. Certainly, ships have evolved to accomodate what people are looking for when vacationing on a ship.

[quote name='Abear2'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=navy]For the person that stated there is a medicine cabinet over the sink...have you sailed this ship, because I kept trying to open it and then realized it DIDN"T open ! I am wondering if anyone else's cabinet opened ? :rolleyes:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

I was in cabin 10072 and mine did open and it had at least three long shelves. Came in handy.

[quote name='mylesf']WTH? NCL has been setting record breaking booking trends since this ship came out. Soon I will be able to come back and tell you that you waited too long to book and now you are going to have to pay a higher fare. They are not trending down but up...Where do you get your information?[/QUOTE]

I booked a spa suite back in 2009. Price has gone up about $800 pp since I booked and these staterooms are no longer available. I am not worried about booking. If you read my posts you will see that we have 7 cabins who will be cancelling. NCL will soon be setting record breaking cancellations.

[quote name='Giorgi-one']I booked a spa suite back in 2009. Price has gone up about $800 pp since I booked and these staterooms are no longer available. I am not worried about booking. If you read my posts you will see that we have 7 cabins who will be cancelling. NCL will soon be setting record breaking cancellations.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[quote name='Giorgi-one']I booked a spa suite back in 2009. Price has gone up about $800 pp since I booked and these staterooms are no longer available. I am not worried about booking. If you read my posts you will see that we have 7 cabins who will be cancelling. NCL will soon be setting record breaking cancellations.[/QUOTE]

I probably had as many issues as anyone on my cruise. That being said you may be making a mistake.

I am sure on any ship I can find a single sticking point. This is not as big a thing as you think. Someone did an awesome review with pictures. Take a look at the bathroom pics and let us know what you think.

I do not like the baths either. But not that bad.

[quote name='Giorgi-one']You and many other cheerleaders on these boards have a really lousy attitude. [COLOR="Red"]If anyone disagrees with you, your response is always something like book another ship or stop posting here, etc.[/COLOR] There are obvious problems with the Epic and NCL should be made to take responsibility and these boards are one of the best ways to do it. However, for all those who choose to keep sailing on Epic, you will be the beneficiaries of our endeavors. NCL will have to lower prices to get anyone on this ship. It may take a while but it will happen. No need to thank me now. I will return when prices drop and reminid you all and you can thank me then.[/QUOTE]

You have a really lousy attitude as well. If anyone disagrees with you, your response is always to repeat exactly what you have said before.

The obvious problem around here is people that slam a product they have never experienced. Some people should be made to take responsibility for the outlandish and ridiculous accusations they make.

NCL did not have to lower their prices to get me on the ship.

Your prediction may take a while eh? So exactly how long will it take? I ask because I want to know how long you are going to harp on this.

~Intrepid <-- Deja Vu all over again.

[quote name='Giorgi-one']You and many other cheerleaders on these boards have a really lousy attitude. If anyone disagrees with you, your response is always something like book another ship or stop posting here, etc. [COLOR=red]There are obvious problems with the Epic and NCL should be made to take responsibility and these boards are one of the best ways to do it.[/COLOR] However, for all those who choose to keep sailing on Epic, you will be the beneficiaries of our endeavors. NCL will have to lower prices to get anyone on this ship. It may take a while but it will happen. No need to thank me now. I will return when prices drop and reminid you all and you can thank me then.[/quote]

I believe I misunderstood your initial post about your friends - I thought you had said that after telling them all about the bathrooms, they had all insisted on keeping their bookings. Your post above cleared that up.

I disagree with your statement here, however. First, these 'obvious problems' are not problems for EVERYONE, even though you and others who dislike the design don't seem to want to accept that. NCL IS taking responsibility for them, regardless, since they have attached their name to the product and are actively advertising it; I'm not sure how much more responsiblity they can take. Of course, I realize that when you say that what you mean is that they should take responsibility for [I]fixing it[/I] - but unless it is actually proven to impact their sales, I can't see any reason why they would.

This brings me to the final bit that I disagree with wholeheartedly - I don't think these boards are a particularly good way to tell NCL anything. The percentage of actual customers that visit these boards is miniscule; just look at how many people are on an average roll call compared to the number on each cruise. Of that small percentage, some are positive and some are negative, but of the negative ones, there are usually a few posters who do most of the talking - so while there may be 50 negative posts about a particular issue (say, the bathroom design), they may come from only 10 posters. Like it or not, if the powers that be at NCL do visit these boards, the opinions of 10 people (or 50) - many of whom swear they will never sail NCL and some of whom admit they never have - are not going to drive them to redesign a brand new ship.

What WILL work - and really the only thing that does work consistently - is simply not purchasing the product if you don't like it. If, as the 'bathroom haters' profess, the 'majority' of people will hate this design, then obviously NCL will not be able to book the wave cabins, and they will be forced to do something. So far, they don't seem to be suffering too much, but it will take some time to really see if the design is going to keep enough people from booking to make a noticable impact. I have no idea how that will go, because I know that there are people who hate the design, people like me who love it, and all kinds in the middle. For it to be enough of an issue to warrant change, it will have to be a dealbreaker for a LOT of people. No matter how much anyone hates or loves the design, it's just impossible to predict whether that's going to happen.

I also disagree that it shows a bad attitude to suggest that if someone doesn't like a product - ANY product - that they shouldn't buy it. How is suggesting that someone not spend their hard earned money on a product that will not meet their needs evidence of anything other than good sense? :confused:

[quote name='hat776']I wonder if NCL ever expected such controversy on the toilet/shower/sink set up.[/quote]

Controversy means people are talking about your product. And isn't that the holy grail of marketing?????

Any press is good press! [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Publicity[/URL]

"As long as they spell the name right"

No such thing as bad 'free' publicity.....

:D

Archived