Serenade of the seas room HELP!

I am fairly new to the cruising world and I have booked my first cruise with Royal Caribbbean for next summer. I am so very excited but I need some help! I have a choice between rooms 7092 and 9092 and don't know which one to choose! 7092 is cheaper but I am worried about the lifeboats being underneath from what I have read on here....9092 has a bigger balcony but is it worth the extra money? Just need some thoughts and opinions from my fellow "experts"! :p

Thanks !!!

Really only you know if you can afford it. How much time are you planning on spending in your room? If you go for the bigger/better room are you going to be short changing yourself on money for drinks, excursions etc? I personally won't go past an inside room. I'm never in my room unless its for sleeping, changing, and showering. I like to take 2 cruises in an inside room verses one on a balcony. That and there is always the huge balcony on the pool deck you can use:D!

Enjoy the Serenade....my favorite! Say hello to the cows for me!

Rest assured which ever you pick you can have a great time and when you get hooked on cruising you will have a better idea which is best for you next time. I would take deck 9 because I spend most of my time going from the room to the pool deck.

Here is a link to a thread about Radiance, sister to Serenade. There are pictures included that were taken from 7092 which will give you a good idea on the canopy that covers the lifeboats. It's only a 5 page thread so you'll find the pictures quickly.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1226098&highlight=deck+serenade+the+seas

We sailed in 7130 on the Serenade in June. The cover over the lifeboats did not bother us. The cruise is so port intensive that you don't spend an excessive amount of time on your balcony. We did have a nice, hot room service breakfast on the balcony on port days. We enjoyed the extra $4-500 we spent on shore excursions and wine!

BTW, make sure you check the port threads for great shore excursions. Our favorites were Calabaza in Barbados and Cosol in St. Lucia.

Have fun!

Archived