Curiosity question about Royal in Alaska

ColoCruze

Looking at our excursions for our Alaska cruise on the Coral, I've noticed that many of them have the note that "this excursion is not available to passengers on the Royal", or something to that effect. Why is this?

(I know this is a total time-wasting question, but I just have one of those curious minds.:rolleyes:)

Looking at our excursions for our Alaska cruise on the Coral, I've noticed that many of them have the note that "this excursion is not available to passengers on the Royal", or something to that effect. Why is this?

Probably because with the other excursions offered, there would not be enough people for these excursions to make it profitable for the tour excursion operator.

We have had excursions from the larger ships cancelled for lack of participation, so I imagine it would be a bigger problem for the small ships.

I will be on the Royal next month and on the Princess site what it says if I am not mistaked is "This excursion 'may' not be available to passengers on the Royal". We did the Tahitian Princess in 2008 on a similar cruise and a number of excursions were cancelled because they couldn't get enough people to sign up. I have seen this happen on HAL cruises also especially with the more active shore excursions because of the age demiographic of HAL passengers.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived