Barbados Flights - Thomson Airways

MarkusDY

Hi all,

I'm sure I read somewhere that P&O were introducing a facility to pre-book seats online with Thomson Airways flights from Winter '10 season.

I can't find anything about this on their website. Has anyone else heard this too or did I imagine it?

Thanks!

Yep, I heard Winter season, but I'm flying in November and there's no mention of it.

I know its possible to do if you book a Thomson holiday flying with Thomson Airways, so it must be a case of P&O and Thomson linking the systems together.

Would be a nice thing to do though.

A few weeks ago I check my cruise personaliser on the P&O site for our December cruise and saw on the flight info an option to pre book our flight seats but it would not let me enter any info tho.

However after checking back a couple of weeks later the only info there said that flight information will be available to view approx 17 weeks before departure.

I will be keeping an eye on this in case anything does appear as we are travelling in a group of six. We have all booked premium seats again this time, the last time we all flew Thomson premium we still ended up all over the cabin so we are hoping we can prebook seats.

It may be that you will be able to go into the Thomson site to prebook your seats on their flight as soon as you get your flight number.....we had a Thomson cruise earlier this year and we were allowed to prebook plane seats approx two months before but no earlier.....

Thanks for the info.

I tried to call P&O flights department earlier but gave up after holding for nearly 45mins in a queue.

I then called my travel agent (who claim to be the UK's biggest cruise agent!) and they hadn't a clue. They just said P&O were "working on it". Absolutely useless.

I think its really unfair that you can pre-book if your taking a Thomson package holiday, but not with these flights. :(

You can't book on the Thomson site because P&O charter the plane so everything is organised by them. I suggest you check your cruise personaliser 17 weeks before you are due to cruise and that, I believe, will give you a link to book your seat numbers.

You can't book on the Thomson site because P&O charter the plane so everything is organised by them. I suggest you check your cruise personaliser 17 weeks before you are due to cruise and that, I believe, will give you a link to book your seat numbers.

Thanks Annie, I know its chartered as I work in the aviation industry myself.

We're travelling in less than 17 weeks, but unfortunately, P&O don't seem to have installed the system yet to allow customers to pre-book seats. I can access my flight details via Cruise Personaliser, but nothing to pre-book seats.

I'm told it is coming, but not sure when the system will be up and running yet.

Oh well... just have to wait and see!

Archived