Solstice - Forward - Starboard - Window Washing Equipment

I read on the Solstice Cabin Sticky that the window washing equipment was directly in front of cabin 1546. I really need to know if this is accurate information. I have had this cabin booked since May 3, 2010 and the cruise is in just a month, therefore, the cabin availability is getting slimmer everyday. If I need to relocate, I need to do so quickly! I wanted this cabin simply because it is NOT under a pool deck. I've been disturbed too early in the morning too many times by chairs dragging across a wooden deck.

Any information or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rita

I read on the Solstice Cabin Sticky that the window washing equipment was directly in front of cabin 1546. I really need to know if this is accurate information. I have had this cabin booked since May 3, 2010 and the cruise is in just a month, therefore, the cabin availability is getting slimmer everyday. If I need to relocate, I need to do so quickly! I wanted this cabin simply because it is NOT under a pool deck. I've been disturbed too early in the morning too many times by chairs dragging across a wooden deck.

Any information or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rita

The sticky indicates the window washing equipment is at 1554. Elena7seas posted a nice picture of where the window washing equipment is in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1137596&highlight=window+washing+solstice

Looks like you should be good to go. Have fun on your cruise! :)

I am hoping that the poster of the comment in question actually made a typo and meant to type 1556 instead of 1546. They were in cabin 1550 and referred to "the right". If they were on their balcony and looked to their right, the cabin numbers would be increasing, not decreasing. Does that make sense?

Thanks for your help,

Rita

I think they meant 1556. I had booked 1556 until I read all the posts and saw pictures of the window washing equipment. All of my research indicated it was above the balcony, but still visible in cabins 1552 (big balcony though) 1554 and 1556. We just switched yesterday. I was able to book 1608 which has a larger balcony. I have been watching for a better cabin on the Celebrity site and lucked out. Our cruise is about 100 days out.

we were offered the ability to book 1608 or 1604 and chose to stay with the window washing equipment cabins, 1554 and 1552 cause we did not wnat to risk the pool noise from above; pool band late at night and moving of chairs early morning....let us know what you decide!

we were offered the ability to book 1608 or 1604 and chose to stay with the window washing equipment cabins, 1554 and 1552 cause we did not wnat to risk the pool noise from above; pool band late at night and moving of chairs early morning....let us know what you decide!

We were in 1606. It's a great location on the ship near the elevator bank. We had no problem with noise from the pool deck.

Thanks for letting us know. Your name suggests you like wine. Have you looked into the Kirkland Wine cruises on Celebrity?

No, but we're booked on the Millennium Wine Cruise on 17 September. There are cabins available for a good price if you are interested. We've got a great Roll Call with lots of activities.

Having stayed in 1556 just a couple of weeks ago, I can assure you that the "fold up" window washing equipment is centered on the overhang right in front of this cabin. The "hang down" basket is located under the above deck overhang between 1554 and 1556.

Check out post #907 on the last page of this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018&page=23

All in all, it really didn't bother us. The overhang blocks everyone's view (to the sky) in this area of the ship, so the equipment is tucked under this overhang of the deck above. This cabin could be the most protected balcony cabin on the ship. No wind; no direct sun; and no rain.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Archived