train or plane from venice to munich

sallygal2

Hello, I will be in Venice getting off the cruise ship early in the morning. I need to be in Munich by evening. Is it worthwhile to take the train so I can see the countryside of Italy & Germany during daylight hours and arrive at 6:00pm, or just go ahead and fly to Munich and arrive at 12:30pm and spend the extra hours there? Should I buy train ticket now(two months prior to travel) online or wait until 3 days before travel while I am in Venice? Where can I store luggage in Munich until I can check in hotel ?

Also, I will have already seen Venice prior to excursion to Germany. For 3 days in Venice, which sites NOT to miss and which bus/boat/vapor water transportation special price ticket to buy if my hotel is Venice East-Quarto D'Altino? Thank you so much!

... Should I buy train ticket now(two months prior to travel) online or wait until 3 days before travel while I am in Venice? ...

Most people will probably say you can wait to buy your train ticket, however consider what happened when the Iceland volcano caused travel problems this Spring. Train tickets sold out very quickly around many parts of Europe. Just something to consider...

Archived