What do you wear to the supper club?

WeatherGeek

Is it dressier than the dining room on a non-formal wear night? My boyfriend does not have a suit or sport coat, so I am trying to figure out if we should make reservations for a formal night vs. a regular night since his only dress clothes will be his Class A's.

Coats are only required on formal nights, other nights casual wear is completely acceptable. When we went on the Conquest in November, there were about 3 men in suits, and the rest were in polo shirts and slacks. It wasn't a formal night.

I went to the Supper club 2 nights on my cruise. It always said jacket required on the invitation/reservation reminder. (neither night was a formal night) However, there were several people without jackets, just like resort casual. There was one lady that was wearing jeans, but she was the only one I saw that casual.

Well, I called the supper club on the Conquest and specifically asked if jackets were required. They said "No, only on formal night".

When you call for reservations, just ask if jackets are required, they will tell you yes or no.

This must be a recent change for The Point Supper Club. When we were on the Conquest in 2003 the dress code for the Point specifically stated that jackets were always required. I was very happy to see that everyone who was there the night we went (Saturday night, last day at sea) respected those wishes and looked fantastic. I did not see a single gentleman without a suit or jacket, and definitely saw no one wearing jeans. The wonderful singer and the formally- dressed dancing couples added to upscale ambience of the restaurant. If this trend keeps going and people start dressing like they're going to McDonalds at these supposedly upscale premium supper clubs, I'm afraid the original concept of a "premium" restaurant onboard will be lost.

Archived