Booking excursions questions

emsachs

We are going on our first Alaska cruise in June with HAL, with 3- 80+ yr olds.

I have seen many threads with people booking excursions for this summers cruises.

HAL said that we cannot book excursions until something like 60 days before our cruise. Am I missing something? Is everyone booking all independent tours or is there some trick to booking ship tours early?

Are we already too late for some of the most popular tours??

We went to Alaska last August. I started booking tours in March or April (independent tours only). While on board, our friends booked tours through the cruise line, in particular the helicopter/dog sled ride. So I think your safe if you wait awhile.

You might check the HAL site constantly, especially for the flightseeing and busy ports. We leave May 25 and I booked a helicopter flight with HALs website about two weeks ago! The shore excursions at all locations were not available yet, but Juneau and Skagway were posted there and bookable.

We are going on our first Alaska cruise in June with HAL, with 3- 80+ yr olds.

I have seen many threads with people booking excursions for this summers cruises.

HAL said that we cannot book excursions until something like 60 days before our cruise. Am I missing something? Is everyone booking all independent tours or is there some trick to booking ship tours early?

Are we already too late for some of the most popular tours??

Hi!

No, you are not too late for booking tours. The postings you see are referring to independent tour bookings.

Did you use a TA or book directly with the cruise line? If with a TA, ask his or her assistance with the timing. I would be studying what tours appeal to you and, if you choose to book through HAL, be prepared act as soon as they are available for your cruise. That way you are protected from being shut out. Should you change your mind or decide to go independently, you can always cancel up to 24-48 hours prior to the tour departure (check the HAL policy for exact time of the tour closing).

Have a great cruise!

Yes as mentioned these are independent bookings which are mostly superior to ship bookings in my experience. :) But a very good- recommendation above. Do your research NOW and determine and narrow your interests. If looking at flights definately book ahead- they always sell out.

Archived