Flights from uk to caribbean ?????

maryhill1

Hi.

This question is more aimed at Uk travellers (although any info grateful received):confused:

We are going on a Princess caribbean cruise( jan 2011) and we have booked our flights from Glasgow to Barbados as part of a Princess package.

Does anyone know when our flight details are likely to be available??

I have been checking the princess website since we booked back in Jan.

One other thing-- a few months ago when I was checking our cruise personaliser & the cruise ship trips for a few of the stops showed up as available to reserve but have since disappeared again- Does anyone know why the excursions would be withdrawn?:confused::confused:

Thanks Elaine

Are you by any chance going on Sea Princess, if so, then you will be on a charter flight either Thomsons or Thomas Cook. All the passengers will be on the cruise, you normally take off in the morning, landing in Barbados in the afternoon. Excursions are normally only available to book 120 days out at the most, so you still have a couple of months before they're available.

Have a great cruise...... :)

Are you by any chance going on Sea Princess, if so, then you will be on a charter flight either Thomsons or Thomas Cook. All the passengers will be on the cruise, you normally take off in the morning, landing in Barbados in the afternoon. Excursions are normally only available to book 120 days out at the most, so you still have a couple of months before they're available.

Have a great cruise...... :)

Hi N/Dave-- thanks for that I sure we'll have a great time - will cetainly give it a go!!--yes it is the Sea princess (24 jan) 1st time with Princess.

I was just curious about when the flight details would show up on our personaliser.

As for the ship excursions -- princess had listed some for 2 or 3 of the islands ages ago ( think it was in March/April) and then they disappeared again after a few weeks.

Someone else had said it would be about the same time scale as you have given so I was surprised when I could see them so far out from the cruise departure date.

I see you have you done the Sea P. If so- just wondering what cabin location you had. We are in C322 - dont know if its good/bad or indifferent?? Any idea. :confused:

Thanks Elaine

I have found that our cruise flight times often don't show up on the personaliser until very near the flight date, so I would either ring Princess or ask your TA to ring and ask. This is probably the quickest way that you can find out now.

Have a great cruise. I have done the caribbean on the Sea P twice now and really enjoyed each one. Happy cruising!

Hi There

Flying into Barbados is the best , no US customs etc,

You board your bus on the air port runway and you go straight to the ship.

You will have a great time.

HI WWW how are you keeping these days.

yours Shogun

Hi There

We fly out on 1st November and received the information on our flight from the travel agents on the 27th June, they were changed from when we booked. The flight information went on the personaliser at some point in the last week.

The times for us in November are

Leaving Glasgow - 11.20, arriving Barbados - 16.15

Leaving Barbados - 18.15, arriving Glasgow - 06.30

We have been on the Sea Princess before and we really liked the ship. Our cabin is on the Riveria deck, so can't help with info on the cabin.

Have a great holiday.

Lanark Lass

When I sailed on the Sea Princess my flights showed up on the personaliser 28 days before we were due to sail and they were wrong

My advice would be to ring Flights dept in Southampton and check. They should have your flight times by now.

Thanks WWW for that-- will give it a few weeks and check with Princess.

Ta.

Elaine.

Hi there! We booked last September for cruise departing 8th Aug, only 2 weeks to go! :):). Flight details were on personaliser late Jan so you shouldn't have too long to wait!

Hi Kingsley--

I hope soo!!!:D- Are you on the sea P.

If so bring back loads of info-- have a brilliant time!

Elaine

Hi There

We fly out on 1st November and received the information on our flight from the travel agents on the 27th June, they were changed from when we booked. The flight information went on the personaliser at some point in the last week.

That tallies with my experience, booked Sea Princess for 15th November from Manchester, got flight details last week.

I have found that our cruise flight times often don't show up on the personaliser until very near the flight date, so I would either ring Princess or ask your TA to ring and ask. This is probably the quickest way that you can find out now.

Have a great cruise. I have done the caribbean on the Sea P twice now and really enjoyed each one. Happy cruising!

Hi H/Bear(what a great name):cool:

Be good now-spill all your info on the cabins etc( we;re caribe C322) and any tips on the stopovers!:D

Elaine

Hi There

Flying into Barbados is the best , no US customs etc,

You board your bus on the air port runway and you go straight to the ship.

You will have a great time.

HI WWW how are you keeping these days.

yours Shogun

Hi shogun.

Thanks -- really starting to look forward to this trip!!

Love the bit about not waiting in line for US customs.:D

so much less hassle!

Elaine

That tallies with my experience, booked Sea Princess for 15th November from Manchester, got flight details last week.

Hi steve--hope you have a brilliant time!!

What deck are you on?

Make sure you get back to us poor souls still waiting to go with all the relevant info:D

Elaine

Hi N/Dave-- thanks for that I sure we'll have a great time - will cetainly give it a go!!--yes it is the Sea princess (24 jan) 1st time with Princess.

I was just curious about when the flight details would show up on our personaliser.

As for the ship excursions -- princess had listed some for 2 or 3 of the islands ages ago ( think it was in March/April) and then they disappeared again after a few weeks.

Someone else had said it would be about the same time scale as you have given so I was surprised when I could see them so far out from the cruise departure date.

I see you have you done the Sea P. If so- just wondering what cabin location you had. We are in C322 - dont know if its good/bad or indifferent?? Any idea. :confused:

Thanks Elaine

Unfortunately we where on Baja deck midships inside on the deck above. Cabins are a bit small, but all you do is sleep and shower in them. Ships not long out of dry dock from a refit, so everything should be nice and tidy. Absolutely great ship, you'll have a wonderful time. Cafe Corniche or Caribe, can't remember what it's called is great for a relaxing lunch or dinner, and they serve excellent lasagne or pizza's.

Hope you have a wonderful time......:)

Hi im sure you have been told by others already but fllight is a chartered one and they will know straight away what company, ie thomas cook, thomson. You get picked up from the airport, you do not have to get your luggage as its delivered to the ship. We done Ocean village (dont laugh) last year from barbados, its so easy which is why were on the cruise after you. Originally booked your cruise then had to change for others to be able to come to the next sailing.

Princess is a good cruise line,

enjoy it cant help with the cabins tho as not done this ship before.

Archived