Weather update from Carnival

ava_girl_123

From the website:

Updated: July 22, 2010

In an effort to ensure the safety and comfort of all our guests, we are closely monitoring the path of Tropical Depression #3. At this point, the port of Key West will be closed on Friday, 07/23. This will impact the Carnival Destiny 07/22/10 departure requiring that we reverse the sequence of port calls. Our revised itinerary is as follows:

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart

Thu Miami, FL 4:00PM

Fri Fun Day at Sea

Sat Cozumel 7:00AM 4:00PM

Sun Key West, FL 12:30PM 8:00PM

Mon Miami, FL 8:00AM

We will continue to provide further updates if other developments occur.

I think that's probably better than the original itinerary. Yuo still get a full day in Cozumel and you get more time in Key West and I think a better time being in the afternoon rather than the morning. Wish my cruise had gotten diverted like that. ;-)

I am wondering about us leaving from Nola on Saturday.

I'm thinking no impact going or coming. May have cloudy skies.

I would consider getting to the port early, just in case they decide to leave early. They won't leave the ship tied up to the dock if a big storm is approaching - they would also want to be clear of the Mississippi.

Current projections say it is unlikely to become a hurricane and the winds may not even reach 50mph. I've been on Carnival cruises where prevailing winds were much higher than that.

Yeah, I was thinking we should probably get there sooner rather than later. I'm actually not concerned about this... was just wondering what would happen.

Hurricanes dont' bother me. Now, oil spills.... :eek: scare the living daylights out of me. lol...;)

I would prefer that reversed itineraty for my Destiny in January too ol

Except the ship will now have to clear customs in Key West before anyone is let off. I have heard it can be quite a pain when it's not on a debarkation day.

Archived