Steak house question

zachnlucy

Riesling? While I love Riesling ... not in a steak house. Get yourself a nice, bold Napa Cab (Jordan. Stag's Leap... really splurge with an Opus One) to go with that medium rare cowboy ribe eye.

Enjoy!

We generally ask the sommelier for a recommendation of a wine in our price range and he/she has never steered us wrong. When we were on Pride two weeks ago we both were having surf and turf, and we prefer red wine but realize that's a challenge with lobster. The sommelier found a great red wine for us.

OP

The best thing for you would bring your favorite wine with you and pay the $15 corkage fee. We bring a $50-60 bottle of wine on board that Carnival does not offer and NY restaurants charge $130-150. It's a special night for us and is totally worth it for us. Long live the Steakhouse.

OP

The best thing for you would bring your favorite wine with you and pay the $15 corkage fee. We bring a $50-60 bottle of wine on board that Carnival does not offer and NY restaurants charge $130-150. It's a special night for us and is totally worth it for us. Long live the Steakhouse.

Wow always wondered why some people have the taste glands to appreciate an extra special wine and others (like myself and DW) do not?

Guess we are peasants as we both like White Zinfidel. Does not stop me from bringing it with me though.

Thought you might want to take a look at the menu: :)

Thanks, Mach! I just got confirmation on my reservation @ the steakhouse for my November anniversary cruise, so perusing the menu again made my day! :D

My salivary glands just went into overdrive. Honestly, y'all are killing me. Okay, so how much is the Opus One? It's a very special occasion and I want to make it extraordinary.

I recall Opus being about $220-$250 a bottle on the Legend. My advice, as a wine industry professional, is to bring your own special bottle; Opus is over-rated (and over-priced). I don't recall Dominus being on their wine list (same winemaker as Opus, generally better wine, and it costs about 2/3 as much), for example, nor was Silver Oak, and their French selections were pretty thin -- you could bring a good Bordeaux like Leoville Barton confidently.

I recall Opus being about $220-$250 a bottle on the Legend. My advice, as a wine industry professional, is to bring your own special bottle; Opus is over-rated (and over-priced). I don't recall Dominus being on their wine list (same winemaker as Opus, generally better wine, and it costs about 2/3 as much), for example, nor was Silver Oak, and their French selections were pretty thin -- you could bring a good Bordeaux like Leoville Barton confidently.

You're right Opus is overrated. Give me Duckhorn any day!

You're right Opus is overrated. Give me Duckhorn any day!

Opus is very over rated and expensive for what you get! I prefer Caymus....have been to both for tastings in Napa, and preferred the more personal approuch from Caymus also!

My uncle is VP of a fair size company in NJ, he has a large wine room in the basement but his favorite on a hot day is Boones Farm Strawberry! Can take the boy out of the country.......

In all honesty we like what we like and that is all there is to it. Do not feel bad abut it at all.

Thanks. We can each bring two bottles of wine onboard, right?

One 750ml bottle per person IN YOUR CARRY ON BAG ONLY.

Many folks have had their wine confiscated because it was packed in their checked bags...

:)

Archived