Amazon River Cruise with Oceania

ronemil

2kiwis,

What did you not like about this forest walk? I considered booking it.

Even though this was not directed at me, having returned from this cruise last December, I did a independent tour of the Forest. Depending upon the inclement weather, it can be slippery. We saw several people slip and fall in the mud. Each time we entered the Forrest, it rained. Fortunately, I brought two pair of old tennis shoes, so the wet ones would dry out. My suggestion would be to purchase rain boots that are disposable. I did this for a South American cruise but forgot to take the extra disposable pair. At the end of the walk, there are children who rinse your shoes off. Much easier to discard the disposable boots.

http://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Waterproof-Boot-Covers-91-1015/dp/B001C57424

I truly enjoyed the Forest even though I was soaked at times of heavy rain, but it can be dangerous.

Knitter,

Thanks for the response. Besides rain, what did you see on the walk? Why was the tour worth it to you? We don't mind the rain, it's a rainforest after all. :-)

Little creatures of the Forest, Water Falls, Lily Pads, although our group was a little disappointed in that. Others that enjoyed bird watching were happy. As I saw it, it was worth seeing as I knew I would not return to this part of the world in the near future. Would I revisit the Forest on another trip there, probably not. You will love the trip.

Archived