Any experience with EWR?

grey's girl

We have the opportunity to purchase airfare with Continental at a pretty good price.

BUT we would have a connecting flight at EWR in New Jersey. Does anyone have any

experience with this airport, good or bad?

Thanks!

Which airline? coming from where to where? what month? Lots of variables.

Most likely you are flying Continental but depending on where you are coming from and going to, you might have to change terminals. Not enough info.

In general with a 2 hour connection time, you will be fine. Lots of ATC delays at Newark Airport so I like to leave plenty of leeway with regard to connections.

Sorry...posted this in a hurry this morning. More info..

As already posted...airline is Continental. Flights would be for our Miracle cruise Feb. 23 (flying in the day before, of course :D). Flying out of Buffalo, connecting at EWR, flying into Ft. Lauderdale.

frugaltravel: So 2 hr. connection time would be sufficient? Yes, I was wondering about delays...or closures...I can't remember if this was one of the airports that got hit so bad last winter.

6rugrats: Don't care about shopping at the airport...if I may ask, why isn't it one of your favorites?

We've flown with Continental once or twice and it was an 'okay' experience.

Because Newark is our home airport, we fly Continental a lot. If you're coming from Buffalo and heading to Ft. Lauderdale, you will be in the same terminal. Terminal C is big. But if you're arrival flight is on time you shouldn't have difficulty getting to the next flight.

But please be aware of weather issues. We had some pretty bad storms last winter and flights were cancelled left and right. Coming from Buffalo, you are no stranger to bad weather but it's not just weather at the airport, it's weather at the locations where the plane is coming from, weather over the flight path, etc.

Anything can happen. Hopefully you're flying in a day early in case of issues.

I haven't been there much. Terminal A, used by Continental Express and some others, is a bit of a dump-- older (looks like a terminal from the 70s) and kind of cramped. Terminal C, used by most non-CE domestic Continental flights, was rather nice, with a fair number of shops and eateries (and Continental Airlines Presidents Clubs). B is for interntional flights and I haven't been. I don't think weather conditions are any worse than at other NY airports. We were delayed due to a rain storm in October, but that can happen many places.

Archived