Eurodam handicap accessible cabin with balcony

CarolZaga

My husband, who is disabled, and I are thinking about booking on the Eurodam in one of the HA cabins with a balcony. Specifically, we are looking at cabins VD4131(aft) or VD4051 or 4052(forward) on the Upper Promenade deck. Can anyone comment on these particular cabins, the room size and how the 'jut-out' shape (sort of V or triangle) of the balcony affects the size of the cabin, movement around the cabin and placement of bed, etc. Given the jut-out of the balcony, is there a sitting area in the cabin with a small sofa. How is the cabin for ease of movement with a wheelchair? Any comments would be very much appreciated.:)

In April of 2008 we were in room 4052 on the Westerdam. I am in a wheelchair and was able to get around the room fine in my chair. Getting out to the balcony was a different story. The door to the balcony is very heavy and the threshold is very steep. I could not do it by myself and consider my wheelchair skills to be excellent. Even once I got out onto the balcony there wasn't much room to manuever around. I won't bother to book a cabin with a balcony again unless I get one with more room and make it easier to access.

We did cruise on the Eurodam last October and were in cabin D1099. That cabin worked fine for our needs. We did book a Retreat Cabana for the week and would highly recommend that. If I were to go on the Eurodam again, if I couldn't afford a more expensive cabin with a large balcony I would rent and inside cabin along with the Retreat Cabana.

The link below has galleries with photos from both cruises as well as others.

http://www.pbase.com/510picker/cruise_gallery

510picker -

How was the movement in that part of the ship? Just curious as i'm towards the front as well on an upcoming Nieuw Amsterdam cruise and I've been told you feel things more up front (rough seas that is).

Your pics looked like you guys had a great time, and you're very photogenic, I must say I'm jealous lol

Jennifer

510picker -

How was the movement in that part of the ship? Just curious as i'm towards the front as well on an upcoming Nieuw Amsterdam cruise and I've been told you feel things more up front (rough seas that is).

Your pics looked like you guys had a great time, and you're very photogenic, I must say I'm jealous lol

Jennifer

We didn't notice much movement in this location. It was a very smooth cruise. About the photogenic part, you must be referring to my wife and I would agree 100%. I feel like I'm married to a supermodel!! I am so blessed to call her my wife.

We didn't notice much movement in this location. It was a very smooth cruise. About the photogenic part, you must be referring to my wife and I would agree 100%. I feel like I'm married to a supermodel!! I am so blessed to call her my wife.

I was referring to your wife, but you are quite handsome yourself :-) I just always envy women that seem to take every picture perfectly. I've yet to perfect that art LOL.

Thanks for the info regarding the area and motion, I appreciate it. I've been a little worried that my assigned cabin might be a little far forward for my taste, but maybe it'll be good :-) Then again, who knows if i'll end up there since there's plenty more days for an upgrade (oh please oh please hehe)

Archived