Seen other Mayan ruins - do I need to see these?

LCW

Been To CH-Itza (2x), Coba and Tulum (2x). :D

Other than marking additional sites off the life list, is it worth skipping Merida and/or Progresso to do one of the ruins here (Uxmal, DZ or Xcambo)? Why?:confused:

Some people love the Mayan ruins and can´t get enough. While Uxmal is a magical place, it is less so by the time the bus gets there from the ship. And in another post I thought you wrote that you had been to Uxmal already :confused:

Merida deserves some time for exploration and walking around. Many folks off the cruiseships can't visit it because of time constraints. Spend the day in Merida, have a sherbet at Colon and people watch and see some art at the Olimpo gallery.

Having been to Uxmal once already (going back again in Nov) along with the same ruins you have been I would go the Merida. Unfortunately you will only get a taste of the town but it will make for a good day. Personally I would like to spend more than a couple of hours in town so Uxmal makes a good choice for me because I am introducting a friend to the ruins to peak his interest. Get off the ship early and take the bus into Merida but keep in consideration on when you have to be back.

Archived