Celebrity's Beverage Prices

dag144

I am not new to cruising, but on Sept 27th I will be taking my first Celebrity cruise through the Panama Canal to San Juan. I am looking for to it. This will be my 39th cruise. The majority of my cruise experiences have been with HAL and Windstar, but I have also cruised with Princess and once with RCL.

Since I enjoy a drink or three and wine with dinner, I think that I will get one of the beverage packages.

I do have one comment/question. I generally drink a martini or gin and tonic and wine with ice at the bar. At dinner I generally buy a wine package. It appears to me that Celebrity's prices are somewhat more that what I have experienced. Do any of you feel the same.

Thanks in advance and I have no doubt that my first Celebrity cruise will not be my last!:)

After a lot of consideration and fence sitting - I have actually concluded that if you drink 5-6 drinks a day of value $8, then the Classioc drinks packages are a very good deal. With a G&T before dinner, several glasses of wine with dinner and a digestif afterwards, this is not an obscene amount of drink and very do-able IMHO.

I am not new to cruising, but on Sept 27th I will be taking my first Celebrity cruise through the Panama Canal to San Juan. I am looking for to it. This will be my 39th cruise. The majority of my cruise experiences have been with HAL and Windstar, but I have also cruised with Princess and once with RCL.

Since I enjoy a drink or three and wine with dinner, I think that I will get one of the beverage packages.

I do have one comment/question. I generally drink a martini or gin and tonic and wine with ice at the bar. At dinner I generally buy a wine package. It appears to me that Celebrity's prices are somewhat more that what I have experienced. Do any of you feel the same.

Thanks in advance and I have no doubt that my first Celebrity cruise will not be my last!:)

I think it is a matter of where you are from and what you are used to paying. Wine prices on celebrity are less than what I would pay in a restaurant where I live.

Take a look at the price list and decide what is your break even point. We don't feel it a "deal" for ourselves. We often will have a couple cold drinks at the ports before returning to the ship and don't want to feel we should over drink onboard just to meet some " goal.";) After the first few days we slow down a bit on our drinking too. Guess we are "old folks" before our time.:D

After a lot of consideration and fence sitting - I have actually concluded that if you drink 5-6 drinks a day of value $8, then the Classioc drinks packages are a very good deal. With a G&T before dinner, several glasses of wine with dinner and a digestif afterwards, this is not an obscene amount of drink and very do-able IMHO.

...you liver might object....

...you liver might object....

We were all younger once and probably have some tales to tell. We made it far enough to take a vacation. With copious amounts of water we can make it though a few days of potential over indulgence. IMHO of course.:)

Archived