Pre-travel queries

2guysabz

1st September will be our first time travelling on QV; our only other cruise was on P&O's Ventura.

Although September is over a month away, thoughts are on the imminent holiday. I have already asked about on-board shoe shine service and martinis :o Rather than starting individual threads to queries, I thought I would list a few here and hope that those who are familiar with Cunard can offer some assistance.

1. Titan Airways: We disembark in Venice and will fly the charter, Titan Airways back to London Gatwick, which is part of our holiday. Not flow them before. What is Titan Airways like? Good service? Complimentary snacks / meal and drinks?

2. Tipping: Besides the mandatory services charges, if you wanted to give a personal tip to spa staff, person who brings luggage or room-service, for example, in which currency should you tip (considering we're orginating in the UK - sailing in Europe - but onboard currency is in US dollars)...Pound Sterling? Euro? US dollars?

3. Check-in: Our e-tickets states that check-in is at 14:30. We will be travelling from Aberdeen to London Gatwick in the early morning on 1st September, then taking a train from Gatwick to Southampton and should arrive around midday. Will Cunard allow us to check-in for our cruise at an earlier time, or will we have to wait until the time indicated on our travel documents?

Thank you!

on such a short flight it is very unlikly they will offer complimentary refreshments however i should presume you will be provided with a meal and in-flight service best to check with whoever you have booked with. personally this is the 1st time i have herd of Titan Airways but i do belive they are a VIP Charter airline so youcould be infor some in flight cunard luxury have a goodtime on QV.

2. Tipping: ...Pound Sterling? Euro? US dollars?

Don't sweat it - if you already have $, use them if not £ or Euro's will all be acceptable. Money is money.

3. Check-in: Our e-tickets states that check-in is at 14:30.

Go there when you arrive - Cunard uses 'check in times' to try to manage flow - if you are early they will still check you in.

1st September will be our first time travelling on QV; our only other cruise was on P&O's Ventura.

Although September is over a month away, thoughts are on the imminent holiday. I have already asked about on-board shoe shine service and martinis :o Rather than starting individual threads to queries, I thought I would list a few here and hope that those who are familiar with Cunard can offer some assistance.

1. Titan Airways: We disembark in Venice and will fly the charter, Titan Airways back to London Gatwick, which is part of our holiday. Not flow them before. What is Titan Airways like? Good service? Complimentary snacks / meal and drinks?

2. Tipping: Besides the mandatory services charges, if you wanted to give a personal tip to spa staff, person who brings luggage or room-service, for example, in which currency should you tip (considering we're orginating in the UK - sailing in Europe - but onboard currency is in US dollars)...Pound Sterling? Euro? US dollars?

3. Check-in: Our e-tickets states that check-in is at 14:30. We will be travelling from Aberdeen to London Gatwick in the early morning on 1st September, then taking a train from Gatwick to Southampton and should arrive around midday. Will Cunard allow us to check-in for our cruise at an earlier time, or will we have to wait until the time indicated on our travel documents?

Thank you!

Hi, I've not been on QV but I'm sure tipping and check in will be the same as QM2.

I usually take some dollars onboard for tipping, it is not expected but I like to give something for room service. We also like to tip our waiters at the end of the trip.

I have seen some advice about arriving earlier that you check in time. I would say it doesn't hurt to try, especially as you are arriving early at the airport.

Catherine

will fly the charter, Titan Airways back to London Gatwick, which is part of our holiday.
Be aware in advance from which airport your flight departs. Venice Marco Polo Airport is very close and convenient to Venice but the low-cost airlines (and charters?) fly in/out of Treviso, which is further from the city with less frequent connections to Venice.

When we were in Venice in 2005 waiting for our bus to Marco Polo someone at the bus station had just missed the bus connecting to his early flight from Treviso. I don't expect that his day got better from there.

Of course if Cunard is handling your transfers everything may be much easier for you...

Cunard has arranged and ticketed the Titan Airways flight from Venice to London Gatwick. I think they have chartered this company to get folks back to the UK from Venice at the end of the cruise.

Archived