soooo, Crocs or no Crocs?

CalTex88

Slightly OT but when I wore Crocs I used to get a painful static electric shock when I touched metal door handles, etc. Having done some net research I gather it's not unusual and explains why several hospitals now ban them as footwear for their staff is it can affect medical equipment, etc. Urban myth or has anyone else had the same experience? I know mine was very real :eek:

Those "shoes" are the most ridiculous footwear ever invented. So yes, please wear them. I need to get a good laugh every day while on the ship. Maybe I will get a pair of clown shoes to match. :rolleyes:

Guess you're not on your feet all day! If so, what do you wear?

Bring them! Crocs are comfortable and great to wear around the ship. Note that the old Beach model can become very slippery when the soles are worn. I would recommend the newer Crosband model which has a non-skid sole...great for the ship.

Crocs may have gone out of fashion in other parts of the country, but they are always in fashion in tropical areas. So enjoy them!

Yes I have had that experience but have also had it with other shoes as well in dry situations. To me the bigest danger with Crocs is walking on a smooth wet surface when the tread on the sole is worn.:eek:

The original model gets VERY slippery when the sole is worn down.

Try the Crosband model...they have a non-skid sole that does not get slippery (it's the same sole used on their restaurant worker shoe, which has some official non-skid designation for workers in hospitals and restaurants).

Try the Crosband model...they have a non-skid sole that does not get slippery (it's the same sole used on their restaurant worker shoe, which has some official non-skid designation for workers in hospitals and restaurants).

Thanks, I will have a look for it...in fact I may heve seen it the other day but didn't know what I was looking at.

Archived