Island - Drydock

cruisesusie

But as far as I am aware it is not getting international cafe..The Coral did not get one during her refit last year..

If I had to guess I would say she was getting the Sanctuary and MUTS along with recarpeting, etc) (although I thought the Island had Sanctuary already).

I'm not sure where they would fit Intl. cafe on the Island, I would assume it needs a lot more space that La Patisserie, which doesn't have enough seating already..

We had heard on our Panama Canal cruise on the Island in April that she was going into drydock in Sept. The biggest upgrade was going to be MUTS. She already has the Sanctuary. I would suspect there will be new carpeting, etc and flat screens in the cabins.

Tim

With the Coral not having had the IC added my guess would be no for the Island...these two ships are narrower than most so that they can transit the Panama and the IC takes up some room. She will be going into the graving dock in Esquimalt which is a suburb of Victoria.

She is scheduled for a refit in Victoria at the Esquimalt Graving Dock.

This is before she heads south for the Caribbean for the winter .:cool:

Had a chance to see the Coral when she was in the dock.

Coral is scheduled for another dry dock in San Francisco in April 2012:cool:

We had heard on our Panama Canal cruise on the Island in April that she was going into drydock in Sept. The biggest upgrade was going to be MUTS. She already has the Sanctuary. I would suspect there will be new carpeting, etc and flat screens in the cabins.

Tim

While we were on the Island, they were installing flat screens in the cabins.

Dennis

Well, she is getting the MUTS and I hate that,,, it is so loud.. and all people do is just talk louder when they are in that area during the day , and when you try to order something from the bar you have to scream,,at night it is not bad,,,but during the day it is awful...

CAn you tell I don't like the MUTS,,, sorry different strokes for different folks..so no responses of how much you love it...because you are not going to change my mind

I really hate the thought of leaving Princess and going to Holland we are Elite and love the perks we get.

Well, she is getting the MUTS and I hate that,,, it is so loud.. and all people do is just talk louder when they are in that area during the day , and when you try to order something from the bar you have to scream,,at night it is not bad,,,but during the day it is awful...

CAn you tell I don't like the MUTS,,, sorry different strokes for different folks..so no responses of how much you love it...because you are not going to change my mind

I really hate the thought of leaving Princess and going to Holland we are Elite and love the perks we get.

Not going to respond of how much I love MUTS, cause I can take it or leave it. But you do realize there are other poos to lounge at beside the MUTS pool:)

With the Coral not having had the IC added my guess would be no for the Island...these two ships are narrower than most so that they can transit the Panama and the IC takes up some room. She will be going into the graving dock in Esquimalt which is a suburb of Victoria.

I agree. ;)

Not going to respond of how much I love MUTS, cause I can take it or leave it. But you do realize there are other poos to lounge at beside the MUTS pool:)

Yes, but the pool on the stern has been taken over by the Sanctuary which leaves only the Lotus pool and when it is covered it is just to humid for many. I kind of regard MUTS as just a bunch of noise pollution.

One might hope they would reduce some of the daytime programming for MUTS at some point (I can see special sports events, etc) if a lot of people complain (at a corporate level).. I can't really see a need for the 3PM movie.

Yes, but the pool on the stern has been taken over by the Sanctuary which leaves only the Lotus pool and when it is covered it is just to humid for many. I kind of regard MUTS as just a bunch of noise pollution.

She is scheduled for a refit in Victoria at the Esquimalt Graving Dock.

This is before she heads south for the Caribbean for the winter .:cool:

Had a chance to see the Coral when she was in the dock.

Coral is scheduled for another dry dock in San Francisco in April 2012:cool:

Does anyone know what day or week she is going into drydock? I will be cruising on the Island in October.

I thought the Sanctuary pool was for adults, not just people using the Sanctuary. Am I wrong about that? On the deck plans it looks like the pool is one deck lower than the Sanctuary itself. Ane know for sure?

The pool is for the Sanctuary only,, and the other pool is the covered pool,, which does get very hot,, and loud.. if you have kids on the cruise the parents take the kids in there to play in the pool,, last cruise about 10 kids took the area over,,,one of the parents told us it was easier then putting sun block on the kids...

I thought the Sanctuary pool was for adults, not just people using the Sanctuary. Am I wrong about that? On the deck plans it looks like the pool is one deck lower than the Sanctuary itself. Anyone know for sure?

I was both disappointed and angry a month or so ago to learn that it was now exclusively for Sanctuary patrons, it used to be my favourite spot to hang out and read during the day. Now whether it can still be accessed via stairs from some of the lower decks I don't know.

It can only be accessed thru the sanctuary . The sanctuary is two levels around the pool There is is an "Adults Only Area"on the Lido deck of Island and Coral. It is called the Lotus Pool on the Coral and Island .

say "Adults Only" with big question. For two :confused:1 hour periods

parents can bring there kids to swim with them.

Does anyone know what day or week she is going into drydock? I will be cruising on the Island in October.

The Island is scheduled to go into drydock on September 20th and to sail from Vancouver for San Francisco on October 4th. DW and I will board her in S.F. on October 6th for a trip through the Panama Canal to Fort Lauderdale. Sure hope they get everything done:)!

Craig

It can only be accessed thru the sanctuary . The sanctuary is two levels around the pool There is is an "Adults Only Area"on the Lido deck of Island and Coral. It is called the Lotus Pool on the Coral and Island .

Please tell me where that sign is because it was not there last Nov, we had kids there all the time,,running and screaming one kid fell and busted their head and the nurse had to be called took 8 stiches to close it up,, and nobody stoped the kids that day or the rest of the cruise...same thing on the Grand over Christmas last year..

But as that pool is covered, it's not a good alternative to the main pool with MUTS. Sadly.

Please tell me where that sign is because it was not there last Nov, we had kids there all the time,,running and screaming one kid fell and busted their head and the nurse had to be called took 8 stiches to close it up,, and nobody stoped the kids that day or the rest of the cruise...same thing on the Grand over Christmas last year..

There is a sign; I saw it with my own eyes. However, on my cruise on the Coral (same one as doopydozer's!), they opened the pool to kids, too, in the afternoon -- really it was much more than an hour, I think it was for two or three hours. I assumed they did this since it was a holiday cruise and they had more kids than normal (only 250 but I guess that's a lot for this ship!). Like I said, it didn't matter to me since that pool is covered so not one I would use anyway. It does seem a shame that they took away the aft pool on these two ships, which seemed like an ideal compromise for an adult pool -- out in the sunshine and MUTS-free!

Oh, well, it was still an awesome ship.

The Island is scheduled to go into drydock on September 20th and to sail from Vancouver for San Francisco on October 4th. DW and I will board her in S.F. on October 6th for a trip through the Panama Canal to Fort Lauderdale. Sure hope they get everything done:)!

Craig

Thanks, we are cruising right after the drydock I have now found out. We are on the Vancouver to San Francisco cruise. I was on the Golden right after drydock last year also!

Just got off the 7/13 sailing and they changed the carpet in my two cabins during our day in Juneau. Everything is precut and took only 1/2 hour per cabin. What I'd like to see them do is move grill down from deck 15 to the Lido, possibly swap with ice cream station. There is no elevator in front of ship that reaches deck 15, making us climb outside stairs in rainy Alaska weather. My kids would have also been happier if grill, pizza & ice cream didn't all close at 6pm.

Archived