Need a nice, easy to get to beach in Belize

eggybear54

Hi Folks,

We just learned that NCL won't be doing a Bannister Island beach break on our cruise. We are really disappointed because it was so fun and easy.

Knowing that we have to tender to Belize City, does anyone have a suggestion on a beach that is nice and easy to get to? The idea of taking a tender to the shore and then another tender to a beach is a bit scary given the short time we have in Belize and the early departure time of the ship (5:00).

I appreciate your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Any suggestions out there? I am also looking for something inexpensive to do at this port. I'm traveling with my kids & their friends (8 people in their early 20s). Already did the cave-tubing.

All of the beach areas that are the least bit worth going to will be on one of the cayes and will have to be reached by boat.

There used to be a man made beach area called Cucumber beach which is part of the OLD Belize tourist area on the mainland. I've never been there but when I was looking into it awhile back, I read mixed reviews. You may want to do a search to see if anyone has been there recently. It may have some of the kinks worked out of by now.

The only other option would be to tender to the port and meet up with a private excursion company.

All of the beach areas that are the least bit worth going to will be on one of the cayes and will have to be reached by boat.

The only other option would be to tender to the port and meet up with a private excursion company.

There are several good independant companies. We used Fab Tours on our second trip to Belize. They went to Bannister at that time. I heard that they have their own islsnd now. Coral Breeze has a big following also.

Archived