Anyone Here Tried RCI's Grandeur?

Rowan555

Now that we're switching over from Capital One's Carnival reward card to the Icruise card, we can earn rebates on ANY cruise line. This has me pondering the possibility of trying another cruise line, since we've done all the Carnival ships out of New Orleans already, and since I really want to avoid flying. We're doing Sensation again this fall, and planning Conquest for next fall, but I was thinking of squeezing in a 7 day cruise on Grandeur of the Seas in between those two. My husband is adamantly opposed to this idea and thinks "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" And we have NO complaints about Carnival - love everything about it.

Has anyone here cruised on the Grandeur? If so, how does it compare to the Carnival experience? I'm also concerned about the kids' program, as that is a VERY important component for us.

Should I stick with Carnival, or give the Grandeur a shot?

Rowan, I replied to your post about the Grandeur on the Royal Caribbean board. Please read that reply for a lengthier answer to your question, but a short version of my reply is: Yes! Try the Grandeur! If there's anything specific you need to know about the Grandeur let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.

Hi Rowan,

You should try the Grandeur! We love Carnival too-been on several! We are leaving on 2/26/05 on the Grandeur of the seas and have no fears about it.

Next Jan 2006 we are already booked on the Legend of the seas & also bring our 3 & 4 years old girls with us. They have an outstanding kids program! Carnival & RCCL are so similar that I really can't say which one I like the best. I have also been on princess too. They are all very nice & I have no complaints about any of them!

If you don't have to fly-why not give it a try!!!

Sue

Thanks, I need to go look for your reply.

I'd really love any other comparisons from people here who have done both Carnival cruises and the Grandeur!

Hi Rowan again!

I've been on the Enchantment of the Seas which is a sister ship to the Granduer. It was very lovely! I would go on it again!!!!

I can give you an update after we sail on the Grandeur on 2/26/05........

After 9 cruises....and no complaints I think that you'd be safe on the Grandeur!

Sue

Thanks to everyone for the feedback - and I'll be looking for reviews next month for those of you doing the Grandeur. We adore Carnival, and it will always be our cruise line of choice, but it might be nice to try something different.

Archived