Embark/Disembark on NCK Star in Vancouver

alwayssingin

We are taking the train up from Seattle the morning of our departure out of Vancouver. We expect to be at the pier around noon. DH wants to board, eat lunch, then disembark to go see something close by (not sure what). Is this even possible? Is it possible to embark and disembark on the day of departure?

It is my experience that yes you can get on and then get off - but why not just drop your luggage off with the porters at Caanda Place and then head outside and walk along the seawall around the Convention Center and the Olympic Cauldron and then swing east and take in Gastown and the Steam Clock - that should take up a couple of hours and by then you should be tired out enough to get on board and have a later lunch and wait for sail away - you may not get access to your cabin until around 2PM anyway - so enjoy a little exercise and then get up onto the top decks and enjoy the beauty of Vancouver's harbour.

Hope this helps and I am sure that some of the other locals will be along with there ideas as well.

Cheers

Dennis

My only observation would be that once you board you have cleared US customs if you get off the ship after lunch you are going to have to clear Canadian customs before you leave Canada Place and upon your return you are going to have to line up to clear US customs again so in addition to having your cruise card you are going to have to remember to bring along you passport....so I think Ut's advice is spot on, just check your luggage with the porters and go off and explore. The only thing that I would add to his list would be the Vancouver Lookout at Harbour Centre about 3 blocks east of Canada Place on Cordova St.; you will pass it on your right if you go into Gastown.

Archived