Glory 4-day Canada sailings...

nybumpkin

What is a Vineyards package? We just booked our first cruise in 18 years, and we are looking forward to drinking wine on our balcony. I know we can bring 2 bottles of wine in our luggage, but after that is gone (day 2 :)) what is the best way to have wine in your room? Room service? Are we not allowed to have it in our room unless it is delivered by room service?

Sorry I'm not much help with your question, but I appreciate any tips you may have!

Carnival Valor

May 2011

What is a Vineyards package? We just booked our first cruise in 18 years, and we are looking forward to drinking wine on our balcony. I know we can bring 2 bottles of wine in our luggage, but after that is gone (day 2 :)) what is the best way to have wine in your room? Room service? Are we not allowed to have it in our room unless it is delivered by room service?

Sorry I'm not much help with your question, but I appreciate any tips you may have!

Carnival Valor

May 2011

The Vineyards package is a selection of wines available in the dining room - on the longer cruises, you can select 5 bottles of wine at a discount from what they would cost if you ordered them individually each night. There are usually three packages available, with 10 wines to select from in each package. You can order the same wine each night, or choose different wines. I don't know if you can bring the leftover wine back to your cabin - you can have them save the bottle for the next evening. We've never had any leftovers.:D

Since we're on a 4-day cruise, we know a package of 5 wines isn't going to work for us this time.

For wine in your cabin, I would take a look at the wines they have available to order through the gifts department online before the cruise: http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx. They can have them in your cabin when you board. (I'm rather partial to the Black Opal Shiraz.:cool:) It's more than you would pay at a store, but the mark-up isn't as high as a lot of restaurants' mark-ups.

Archived