Online Check-in sending me BONKERS!!

MMJK

A bit of help would be great if anybody can help pleeeeaaaaseeeeee!

Im trying to check-in online and the first page where it requires nationality etc, i put in our relevant information then attempt to go next and it informs me that it postcode is incorrect!! i have not entered a postcode as of yet so do not know how it could be incorrect to begin with!! The only place i have a postcode is under my account under my details. My concern is as i am an Australian we do not have 5 digit postcodes rather we have 4 digit post codes i have a feeling this maybe the issue but unsure of how to get around it or resolve it. So frustrated at the moment if it wasn't a brand new MacBook Pro Im typing this on it maybe have been chucked at the wall, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

I booked directly with HAL. This happend to me when HAL assigned a different mariner number and I kept getting an error much like yourself and could not finish the online check in. I emailed HAL within a two days HAL emailed back and fixed the problem. When I went in to online check in..........they did correct the mariner number and I was able to proceed. If you when through a TA, you should call them to make sure all the information including postal code is correct. Then they can contact HAL and straighten that out. :D

Im trying to check-in online and the first page where it requires nationality etc, i put in our relevant information then attempt to go next and it informs me that it postcode is incorrect!! i have not entered a postcode as of yet so do not know how it could be incorrect to begin with!! The only place i have a postcode is under my account under my details. My concern is as i am an Australian we do not have 5 digit postcodes rather we have 4 digit post codes i have a feeling this maybe the issue but unsure of how to get around it or resolve it. So frustrated at the moment if it wasn't a brand new MacBook Pro Im typing this on it maybe have been chucked at the wall, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark, I only had to put Australia as country of citizenship & residence on the first page. I had to enter my address, with postcode etc, on the 2nd page. I had no problems so you may need to contact your TA or HAL. Good luck and don't dent the poor MacBook! :)

Hi Mark,

it seems to be HAL's website is a real pain lately. My wife had the same trouble you experienced - took her about half a day to complete our online check-in, trying over and over.

So my only advice for you would be to keep trying (or find a way for your wife to deal with it, but honey, I didn't type this, it must have been the forum host editing my post, I swear!! :D)

I suspect it may be more than Australia—the key word being MacBook. I CAN do on-line check-in, but afterwords cannot print anything, including luggage tags. I do have the same problem sometimes with other sites which link to .pdf forms. My browser is Firefox—I haven't tried it with Safari.

Mac-ness may have nothing to do with your problem, but .... beware.

Its a pain in the ass in general. They want to know where your staying after the cruise, and I usually dont know this until a week before as I use priceline. I really dont know why they need to know this information.

Hi Mark,

I was going to say that it could be just that your an "aussie" but then again so am I ......

that perhaps it is that your from Sydney but then again so am I....

it must be simply the apple that your eating, sorry using!!!!

Stick with windows as you can see more clearly!!!

Sorry could not resist.

We checked in on line last year and no hassles.

Ciao,

Cristiano.

PS which part of Sydney ?

Thanks for the replies and help everybody, i called HAL today and a lovely customer service lady by the name of Kelly fixed the issue, for some reason HAL had my postcode with a 0 in the front of it when i made the booking yet this couldnt be rectified online at all. So maybe my fault maybe there fault either way just happy its resolved.

Cristiano im Inner West, Balmain.

Archived