HAL verandah staterooms

Holland America's website show pictures of ugly cabins with leather sofas and chairs. I have read great things about the cabins from past HAL cruisers but I absolutely cannot book a cabin with ugly leather furniture and a bright color scheme. The chair also drives me crazy - it is right in front of the balcony door, so I can't open it. Can I ask for a room that does not have that chair (which obviously is unnecessasry because of the couch)? Do all cabins have leather sofas? Are most cabins decorated with bright colors? If there is no way to get a cabin with a comfortable couch, dull colors, and no chair in front of a balcony door, I can't sail on HAL no matter how good the mattresses are. :mad:

Just ask them to redecorate before you board. They'll not only remove the chair but I believe they have several slipcover options that you may choose from.

Really? Wow, never would guess that in a hundred years. But that still does not fix wall and bed colors, so I will have to request a specific cabin anyway if I want to sail on one of the HAL ships. Hopefully by the time I want to take a Hawaii cruise all cabins will be more pastel, neutral, and dark colors.

If there is no way to get a cabin with a comfortable couch, dull colors, and no chair in front of a balcony door....

http://www.charterworld.com/index.html?sub=mediterranean-yacht-charter

http://www.moorings.com/destinations/bareboat-yacht-charter

Just ask them to redecorate before you board. They'll not only remove the chair but I believe they have several slipcover options that you may choose from.

Great. ;)

Holland America's website show pictures of ugly cabins with leather sofas and chairs. I have read great things about the cabins from past HAL cruisers but I absolutely cannot book a cabin with ugly leather furniture and a bright color scheme. The chair also drives me crazy - it is right in front of the balcony door, so I can't open it. Can I ask for a room that does not have that chair (which obviously is unnecessasry because of the couch)? Do all cabins have leather sofas? Are most cabins decorated with bright colors? If there is no way to get a cabin with a comfortable couch, dull colors, and no chair in front of a balcony door, I can't sail on HAL no matter how good the mattresses are. :mad:

Do you really think that they would put a chair so no one could open the balcony door? Did you ever think of moving it? Ugly leather? I don't know if its real leather but you aren't buying the cabin just cruising in it. How long are you cruising for? Is this a year or so? You could always go on a photo site like web shots and see real travelers photos of cabins since they are generally more up to date than what is on the cruiseship web sites.

Archived