St. Lucia

What is your favorite excursion in St. Lucia and who did you use; RCCL or some one else?

Valerie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;7;18;21;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Adventure of the Seas (St Lucia/Antigua.......

vine.gif

Grandeur of the Seas 6/00

Voyager of the Seas 6/02

Adventure of the Seas 7/18/2004

beachbabe.gif

St. Lucia is a beautiful island. I went there a few years ago by plane for a week so i do not know the ship excursions, however look for ones that sail or drive down to the Pitons. The view is amazing. We had actually taken a tour that drove you around the island in the morning and then you sailed on a catamaran back to Castries. It was a nice tour and if they offer something similar I would recommend it.

- jeff

I used Portpromotions.com last year and had them get me the one that went to the Pitons and the Botanical Gardens and lunch. Cost was 70 per person. About 10 cheaper then the crusie lines and we were with the people from the ship anyway. We were taken on first and got the choice of where we wanted to sit on the Catamaran. The tour operators and the folks from the ship thought we were part of the cruise ships crew. Drinks were always punched up for us and got stuff thatthe ship tour didn't get. (ie 150 Rum in our punches LOL)

ag00612_.gif

Gary

Explorer of the Seas 10/24/04

Dawn Princess 10/12/03

Voyager of the Seas 12/01/02

Adventurer of the Seas 4/21/02

Sea Breeze 06/98

Atlantis 06/70

Time to Set Sail

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;10;24;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

We have done this twice on St Lucia, get a cab at the pier and ask the driver to show you "their" island. We went to beaches were no one was at, we saw things that you will never see on tours. The cost $100.00 for 4 people for about 6 hours. You will never get a deal like that from the ship or tour group. We do this all the time at almost every port and have a much more favorable experience. Try it and write me back and tell me that I am not right. To become old and wise you must be young and stupid. I will celebrate my son wedding in five days on The Rhaspody along with my 58th birthday and my 38th anniversy.

God Bless Ron Regean"

Capt mike

SS Windward 81

Monarch 98

Monarch 99

Monarch 00

Splendour 02

Rhapsody 04

Elation 04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;06;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;10;31;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

We were there a year ago with the Adventure and did Sandals resort for the day. We were able to buy the tickets right on the port building. It was about 40.00 per person. My husband and I had a good time. The food was included as well as all use of the facility. This was not part of Royal Caribbean. But it was great!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;06;20;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

first year anniversary celebration

The Sandals day pass is no longer a bargain - I checked and it is now $115/person! My son and his girlfriend wanted to go. At that price, you're better off enjoying the ship!

Nordic Empress 3/01

Carnival Triumph 4/02

Fascination 8/03

Adventure of the Seas 7/04

We were in the islands for a family reunion cruise last July. While in St. Lucia we enjoyed one of the most delightful days of our lives. All 14 of us, from 13 to 74 years of age, agreed that this was the experience of a lifetime thanks to a private 5 hour excursion we booked with jungle tours (I saw the hyper link to their web page on a earlier post here). The highlight of the day was this waterfall they took us to, we were the only ones there. They served us trays of fresh coconut and pineapple while we swam in the pool at the base of the falls. This was one of the remote waterfalls that the tour buses can't get to icon_smile.gif We also stopped for the most amazing home made coconut bread at this very primitive hut... Their jeeps were fun, their knowledge of the island and the people unsurpassed and the two guides and drivers we had were hysterical!!!! I wish for everyone to have the experience my family shared that day!!!

After reading a recommendation on a tour guide taken by a previous cruiser, I decided to email cosol966@hotmail.com.

He will take you in a late model van, with a/c, on a wonderful day tour, taylored to what you want to do and see. We went to the waterfall, volcano, saw the Pitons, Marigot Bay, drove thru local villages, shopping for local goods, and we wanted to go snorkeling, so found us a great area (beach) that was also a resort. Now cruise lines can't do that. And it was $30.00pp.

I also must mention that he is an excellent driver and lots of fun.

He does provide a cooler with soda, water and beer!

Suzcruz, I am also using Cosol for my upcoming trip to St. Lucia. I got confirmation this morning and spoke to him this afternoon. He sounds like a lot of fun.

Valerie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;7;18;21;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

vine.gif

Voyager of the Seas 6/02

beachbabe.gif

Just an FYI about the Sandals Resorts in St. Lucia: There are three of them, and the Sandals Halcyon (smallest) is the cheapest for a day pass. The Sandals Golf & Spa will probably be the most, as it is the largest. The Sandals Grande St. Lucian will also be high. It used to be the Hyatt, and Sandals bought it and re-furbished it. Couples only for day passes (boy/girl couples), and adult-only.

I highly recommend the catamaran sail down to the Pitons....really breathtaking! If you do an island tour (ship or your own taxi), St. Lucia is VERY hilly, with narrow, twisty-windy roads. Lots of banana plantations! I would NOT recommend renting a jeep/car, because you'd have to drive on the left side of the road, shift with your left hand, and navigate those roads! Have fun!

Caribbean Pirates Extravaganza. This was a great excursion out of St. Lucia aboard the Brig Unicorn. This ship was featured in the Disney movie Pirates of the Caribbean as the Henrietta. We took an hour sail (with Rum Punch or soda being served) to Pigeon Island were we had an hour to either enjoy one of two small beaches, participate in a treasure hunt, or hike up the high peaks and explore the old fort ruins. On the trip back they served finger foods and kept the Rum Punch flowing freely and they had planned a little line type dance, but the CD player died. So instead, one of the "pirates" yelled out "DAY-O" and everybody on board started singing the DAY-O chorus while the pirate made up versus fitting to the occasion. It really was great fun. On the treasure hunt, there were 6-keys hidden around Pigeon Island. One of the keys opened a treasure chest on board the Brig Unicorn which contained a gift certificate to Diamonds International.

You can view a slide show that includes pics from this excursion HERE if you got a fast enough computer with Microsoft products.

Vicki

Check out my guide for first time cruisers http://www.vsn.org/cruise

Radiance 6/2002

Radiance 10/2002

Brilliance 11/2003

[/b]

LEGEND OF THE SEAS - September 26, 2004

Visit our Roll Call HERE

Cruise Europe 2005 (CC Group Cruise)- June 5, 2005 on the Brilliance

Visit our Roll Call HERE

Suzcruz,

When did you tour with him?

Valerie

vine.gif

Voyager of the Seas 6/02

beachbabe.gif

Suzcruz,

He told me that he will have a cooler with rum punch, beer, water and sodas. Is that free or do we pay for it? I forgot to ask him.

Valerie

vine.gif

Voyager of the Seas 6/02

beachbabe.gif

I have to agree with Vicki - The Caribbean Pirates Extravaganza was a blast! We also learned that the Brig Unicorn was featured in the mini-series "Roots". I highly recommend it for the kids - and those that are kids at heart!

Valerie,

The drinks in the cooler are free.

Rum punch, you say. Lucky you.

One word of advice. We stopped on the side of the road for a picture stop, and there were local vendors selling their own local jewelry.

Don't pay the $$ they quote, bargain. Hubby ended getting a tigers eye with black stone necklace for himself, and had them throw a pair of earings in for me. icon_wink.gif

I too have to vote for the Brig Unicorn. This is the only ship tour we took, but as our 12 year old is a huge fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean movie this was a must do. The captain of the ship was awesome with the kids or anyone else who wanted to steer. The crew was alot of fun and gave the kids all a "job" to do-and my son got to fire the cannon! On the hour cruise to the island we followed a group of flying fish and that was a great bonus. Pigeon Island is beautiful and if you walk a little ways has some great handmade jewelry and craft booths near the entrance to the private resort-I was sorry I hadn't brought any money with me. We also swam off the little beach and the water was wonderful. The rum punch was very good although I would say that the finger foods were not much to rave about-but that was the only down side. Also you get to climb the rigging on the way back if you wish-which my husband to my dismay did! He got really high-and that wasn't just from the punch! All in all this was a great 4 hour excursion.

Definitely look into this one!

Laurie

Thanks for all your wonderful advice. I will let you know which excursion I decide to do.

Valerie

vine.gif

Voyager of the Seas 6/02

beachbabe.gif

Several years ago several couples got off the ship at the pier and found a van that would take us all around the island. He drove us to a place that was the scene of a movie (can't remember which one) and we were walking around and looked up and he was gone. He went and took another fare. We had no idea if he was coming back to get us or not & it was an unsettling feeling. He did return finally but it spoiled our day.

My next cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;04;18;13;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 13 years later...
What is your favorite excursion in St. Lucia and who did you use; RCCL or some one else?

Valerie

vine.gif

Voyager of the Seas 6/02

beachbabe.gif

Hi Valerie, we did a “booze” cruise to the grand pitons and it was beautiful and fun. We had booked ours through the cruise line (Celebrity). Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums