St. Lucia

After reading a recommendation on a tour guide taken by a previous cruiser, I decided to email cosol966@hotmail.com.

He will take you in a late model van, with a/c, on a wonderful day tour, taylored to what you want to do and see. We went to the waterfall, volcano, saw the Pitons, Marigot Bay, drove thru local villages, shopping for local goods, and we wanted to go snorkeling, so found us a great area (beach) that was also a resort. Now cruise lines can't do that. And it was $30.00pp.

I also must mention that he is an excellent driver and lots of fun.

He does provide a cooler with soda, water and beer!

Not sure when the tour with cosol was, but his website now quotes $75 pp. He's pretty much in keeping with other tour operators. Not sure if this includes more.

Good to hear he was good. We're booked.

Update: Realize this tread was started many years ago. Know now why the cost is significantly different.

I really liked Spencer Ambrose Tours in St. Lucia.

We did this tour. We had a fabulous time BUT one of the other boats in our group started looking really low in the water in the back. Our tour guide was trying to alert them when the boat started sinking. We weren't too many feet away so our people started pulling people off of that boat while it was sinking. The boat went down in about a minute. Nobody was hurt (except for a lady on a third rescue boat who landed on her wrist in choppy waters.) It could have ended really badly. We never even considered using life vests (and we had 3 kids with us.)

Talk about making memories that last a lifetime.

We've done tours with Cosol on two trips to St Lucia. Probably the best tours we've done. We almost never do tours through the cruise line. They tend to be overpriced and short.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We also toured St Lucia with a private tour company. Just a word of warning. My wife is prone to car sickness and on this tour, it was no exception. The roads are very winding, up and down mountains. She sat in the back, then the front, but to no avail. Anyone who is also prone to getting car sick on winding roads, in close quarters of a van, this is just a heads up. St Lucia is all of that if you are doing an island tour.

Cheers

Len

Not sure when the tour with cosol was, but his website now quotes $75 pp. He's pretty much in keeping with other tour operators. Not sure if this includes more.

Good to hear he was good. We're booked.

Update: Realize this tread was started many years ago. Know now why the cost is significantly different.

I was reading and when I got to the post that said Sandals was $40 for the day I was like what?

We are heading there in December and thought I might be able to learn something.

I then looked at the date. lol

Bill