Chocolate buffet on 4 day cruises?

Randus62

Not missing much, in my opinion. I enjoy NCL and had a great time on the Jewel last December. The chocolate buffet was not a highlight.

I agree. The chocolate buffet on Dawn was nothing special. I sampled a variety of offerings and none was memorable. Plus, it was ridiculously crowded. Don't feel bad if your ship doesn't have one.

Totally agree. I won't get up at midnight to see one on NCL again.

Neither will I because it hasn't been at midnight in a long time. I agree that the variety has been limited over the last few years... BUT, it still tastes awesome in my opinion! We never miss it.

Years ago it was at midnight, and the items were outrageously tasty. In recent times it has sensibly been made earlier, but, alas, we have not been able to find a single memorable item. I would opt to skip it, unless my curiosity sent me in just to ascertain if it had improved.

Bill

Do they do a chocolate buffet on the day cruises?

NCL losses big points for their lousy chocolate buffet. The best part is watching all the slobs pigging out lat the troughs like it's their last fix.

Absolutely discussing!

NCL losses big points for their lousy chocolate buffet. The best part is watching all the slobs pigging out lat the troughs like it's their last fix.

Absolutely discussing!

Right there with you on that one :eek:

The buffet by itself is nice to LOOK at but I really tought it would be actual chocolate pieces, not chocolate pastry. And the 3 I tasted were not good.

But the size of the plates some cruisers had OMG :eek:, get a hold of yourself geezzzz.

The chocoholics buffet is over-rated, but not bad by any stretch.

The most memorable part was when they opened the doors..... We paid extra for a suite, and as such, were invited to go early to the buffet. Many were lined up outside. When they opened the doors, those waiting on line looked flabbergasted that were folks in the buffet already.

Priceless

But the size of the plates some cruisers had OMG , get a hold of yourself geezzzz.

I never put weight on when cruising because I just have to watch people at the troughs and I'm done!

I guess it's another reason that we always eat at the specialty restuarants so that we don't have to see it.

I eat to live not live to eat.

Not missing much, in my opinion. I enjoy NCL and had a great time on the Jewel last December. The chocolate buffet was not a highlight.

Completely agree with those that were not impressed with the chocolate buffet. Seems the emphasis is on QUANTITY not QUALITY.

It was the same way on Carnival, though. Not impressed with theirs either.

Years ago it was at midnight, and the items were outrageously tasty. In recent times it has sensibly been made earlier, but, alas, we have not been able to find a single memorable item. I would opt to skip it, unless my curiosity sent me in just to ascertain if it had improved.

Bill

Haven't been to one Choc. Buffet, but this year 8/29/10 on the Dawn to Bemuda, I'd like to stop by JUST to take some photos!!!

We have several different pics from various food buffets through the years (the midnight ones), but not a Chocolate Buffet!

Time to take pictures of 1 Chocolate Buffet for our collection.

Haven't been to one Choc. Buffet, but this year 8/29/10 on the Dawn to Bemuda, I'd like to stop by JUST to take some photos!!!

We have several different pics from various food buffets through the years (the midnight ones), but not a Chocolate Buffet!

Time to take pictures of 1 Chocolate Buffet for our collection.

You may be disappointed. I also went with camera in hand. There were 3 ice sculptures - one of the NCL logo, a horse and a swan. I photographed those but didn't take a single pic of the buffet itself as there really wasn't anything worth photographing.

You may be disappointed. I also went with camera in hand. There were 3 ice sculptures - one of the NCL logo, a horse and a swan. I photographed those but didn't take a single pic of the buffet itself as there really wasn't anything worth photographing.

Oh, guess we might be, but we'll probably do it anyway, unless the lines are way too crowded. Have to find out where they have it and what time. I know it is not midnight.

Thanks for the heads up. This way we won't be too disappointed.

Oh, guess we might be, but we'll probably do it anyway, unless the lines are way too crowded. Have to find out where they have it and what time. I know it is not midnight.

Thanks for the heads up. This way we won't be too disappointed.

They hold it in the Garden Cafe buffet on deck 12. If I remember correctly, it started at 7:30.

The one thing I really liked was the white chocolate rice krispies treats. They were yummy.

It's not available on the Sky four day.

I'll sort of disagree with most of the posters here. While it's less of a spectacle than it used to be, I find it to be tasty and a fun thing to look forward to.

Hi again! Was the chocolate Buffet at 7:30 on the Dawn? That sounds ridiculously early~ People are either eating dinner, just finished or haven't even started dinner? Is Chocolate the "appetizer" :-)

I thought it was around 10-10:30 or so.

If anyone has recently gotten off the Dawn, please let us know.

Thanks all for your responses.

Hi again! Was the chocolate Buffet at 7:30 on the Dawn? That sounds ridiculously early~ People are either eating dinner, just finished or haven't even started dinner? Is Chocolate the "appetizer" :-)

I thought it was around 10-10:30 or so.

If anyone has recently gotten off the Dawn, please let us know.

Thanks all for your responses.

On the June 13th sailing it was at 10:00 p.m. (I forget which day, though).

Archived