Handicap Villa is only one room

ascatsob

Follow along with this math:

Amount you paid to NCL: $0.00 (you received a full refund).

Amount for the suite today: > $0.00 so you paid less.

Is the suite currently marketed as 2 bdrm? No. It's now a category A4.

Remaining issues? Bruised ego.

Pick up your bootstraps, and move along...your argument is not holding water.

Stephen

P.S. I'm really surprised that NCL's Customer Relations misspelled 'opportunity'.... that's really quite odd.

Double posting...

Good Morning all,

I wish you (SJBDTZ) worked for NCL in a positon of autority. Your offer of $5,000 is better than anything NCL offered.

I paid $16,533.62 for my 2-week 2-room and seperate sleping room villa. I did cancel and NCL refunded my entire payment.

Don't miss this very important point... The room was cancelled because it really is a single large room! Not the room sold to me and described to me by more than one person at NCL including their written information. I cancelled two weeks prior to sailing and booked the Captians Suite (two room suite) on the Canrival Liberty.

NCL offered me a refund of $1,959.10 if I choose to keep the room. Do the math... just about a 11% discount.

This moring I called NCL and spoke with a rep in Mesa Arizona. If you were to book the same room today on the March 5, 2011 sailing here is what is offered.

#16029 is now a Catagory A4, no longer a Catagory A3

Catagory A3 Villa is $3,519.00

Catagory A4 rm 16029 is now $3,069.00

Let's do the math together.... $3,519 X 11% = $387.00

$3,519 - $3,069 = $450.00 (more than 11%)

The Handicap Villa #16029 is now priced better than the offer I was offer to remain on board.

NCL responded to: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1284820 which demonstrates they do read these boards. With this mind... Here is the letter I just recieved from NCL post marked September 29, 2010

Thank you for your e-mail to Public Relations, which has been forwarded to Customer Relations for response.

We sincerely regret to learn of the circumstances that resulted in the cancellation of your intended voyage aboard the Norwegian Epic. Our recoreds show that our Executive Desk made every effort to assist you. A refund of $16,533.62 was requested on your behalf and processed to the form of payment used for the reservation. We are sorry to learn that this matter remains a point of concern for you and hope that over the course of time, you will consider Norwegian Crusie Line for your next vacation at sea.

Thank you for this opportunity to respond. We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back aboard in the near future.

Sincerly,

XXXXXXX

Coordinator

Customer Relations

I want to reach out to all the disable cruisers...

Please keep in mind that the point of this thread is that NCL advertised a 2-room Villa and spererate sleeping room and in reality it was a one room suite.

When I called NCL this morning it took the rep over 20-minutes to find the room and qoute me a price. He had to call someone else for assistance. Once he located the room as a Cat A4, the March sailing date was open and he wanted to process my reservation right away. He did not even point out that the room was intended for Handicap people and even said "these rooms book quickly, are you sure you don't want to put down a deposit now?.

I now think that for some reasonable period of time prior to sailing that when a handicap room is sold, the folks buying the room need to document that they are truly handicaped. Then, perhaps when 90 - 120 from sailing, the handicap rooms could be opened up for anyone.

Will I ever sail NCL again???? Maybe... Never say Never!

:cool:

I want to be sure the Handicap folks see this.

I want to reach out to all the disable cruisers...

Please keep in mind that the point of this thread is that NCL advertised a 2-room Villa and spererate sleeping room and in reality it was a one room suite.

When I called NCL this morning it took the rep over 20-minutes to find the room and qoute me a price. He had to call someone else for assistance. Once he located the room as a Cat A4, the March sailing date was open and he wanted to process my reservation right away. He did not even point out that the room was intended for Handicap people and even said "these rooms book quickly, are you sure you don't want to put down a deposit now?.

I now think that for some reasonable period of time prior to sailing that when a handicap room is sold, the folks buying the room need to document that they are truly handicaped. Then, perhaps when 90 - 120 from sailing, the handicap rooms could be opened up for anyone.

This topic came up recently on the Celebrity boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1282995&highlight=when+did+this

I agree that handicapped cabins/villas/suites need to be reserved for those who NEED it.

I find it quite interesting that a letter from NCL would include a misspelled word (recoreds). Makes you sort of go Hmmmm!!!

PE

Good Morning PE and everyone else folloiwing this thead.

NCL spelled "records" correctly, just a typo on my part. Thanks for paying such close attention to this thread.

It sure is great the NCL reclassified the Handicap Villa. Hopefully this thread helps out a lot of other folks too.

• 8 years later...

Hi all just joined this site.

3 Days ago I booked a H5 The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony on the Epic for March 2020, directly with Norwegian.

They assigned us cabin 16029 which is the handicap cabin.

We aren't handicapped but the agent said since it was the last one he booked it.

We only found out its status after the booking.

Honestly I am surprised they booked it out to a non handicapped client over a year in advance.

Comments welcome!