Handicap Villa is only one room

ascatsob

...Unfortunately we were not successful so I will be going to a friend's home today to see if she can help me....

You would help many,many more people of you can post them here, onrsomewhere like google picassa, or webshots so others can see them.

If you post your pictures here, but they have to be downsized to a small size. (.jpg must be just under 100k)

P.S. - you probably do not need the software that came with her camera. You can plug in the USB cabele and just copy the pictures to your computer, then do something with them from there.

Edited by garycarla

You would help many,many more people of you can post them here, onrsomewhere like google picassa, or webshots so others can see them.

If you post your pictures here, but they have to be downsized to a small size. (.jpg must be just under 100k)

P.S. - you probably do not need the software that came with her camera. You can plug in the USB cabele and just copy the pictures to your computer, then do something with them from there.

Garycarla: Let's be patient. I agree that it would be helpful that they be posted to the boards - and if no one else does it I will be sure that we accomplish that. I'm sure you know that returning home from a 2 week vacation means there is a lot of catching up to do. So let's give them some time.

Garycarla: Let's be patient. I agree that it would be helpful that they be posted to the boards - and if no one else does it I will be sure that we accomplish that. I'm sure you know that returning home from a 2 week vacation means there is a lot of catching up to do. So let's give them some time.

Gee, sorry if I sounded impatient.??

Only was suggesting they post it publicly as it appeared they were going to email them to a few posters.

Gee, sorry if I sounded impatient.??

Only was suggesting they post it publicly as it appeared they were going to email them to a few posters.

Sorry back. I don't mean to offend. I do agree that it would be helpful to have them posted. Just trying to recognize that I'm sure they are in "recovery mode" after just returning home.

Gigcruiser and Yelobird, I just emailed you the pictures. Let me know if you did not receive them or can't open them!

["other Dave" :) (dnl in Illinois), I'm sorry, but Mike has your email with him at work and I couldn't reach him, so I couldn't email the pics to you. If you still want me to send them (don't know if Gigcruiser or Yelobird can/will post them), I will, after I get your email from him--just let me know.]

I am so sorry it took me so long!!!! :( I know how eager you were to receive them. I really was trying to figure it out... besides chasing the kids to all their activities yesterday.

Hopefully you can post them from my email. If not, I am still working on learning how to post pics here.

If you or anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer.

Gigcruiser and Yelobird, I just emailed you the pictures. Let me know if you did not receive them or can't open them!

["other Dave" :) (dnl in Illinois), I'm sorry, but Mike has your email with him at work and I couldn't reach him, so I couldn't email the pics to you. If you still want me to send them (don't know if Gigcruiser or Yelobird can/will post them), I will, after I get your email from him--just let me know.]

I am so sorry it took me so long!!!! :( I know how eager you were to receive them. I really was trying to figure it out... besides chasing the kids to all their activities yesterday.

Hopefully you can post them from my email. If not, I am still working on learning how to post pics here.

If you or anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer.

Hi Patti, I understand your dilemma. I can wait for Mike or if you have a moment send them to dwkoester@hotmail.com. Thanks so much.

You're welcome GigCruiser! Sorry for all the hassle you had to go through! Hope you and your family enjoyed your replacement Carnival cruise. Our 2 weeks in the villas were AMAZING! If you ever do get the chance to go on the Epic in a regular Villa, you'll love it--but would TOTALLY understand if you wouldn't want to after all NCL put you through.

One Large room with a Curtian is the best description! Photos recieved. THANKS!!!! I will upland them tonight after work, Pacific Coast Time.

THANKS AGAIN NYSOCCERFAMILY!!!!!!!

I'm glad you agree and I didn't steer you wrong!

Hi Guys!!

I've been following this post for quite a while, and should probably have stopped and said hello to everyone!

Im anticipating these pictures so so much and cant wait to catch a glimpse of the stateroom of wonders/horrors.

I've booked this villa for a cruise next year with my (separated) parents and the whole point of it was that it was adapted for my my mum and my dad could sleep in a separate bedroom, but the same villa. so now that its come to light that it isnt separated by walls, kinda defeats the purpose and seems a bit of a waste of the extra expense, even though we still get the perks and the courtyard.

We are in a bit of a QandA with NCL at the moment as to what we can do to resolve the problem, but we arent too content with the current arrangement having painted a horrible picture of 16029 in my head...

heres hoping these pictures either make or break our reservation.

:)

I'm glad you agree and I didn't steer you wrong!

ascatsob -- I never really doubted that you were providing good info - but when the cabin stewards told me they were the "same as" - that really threw me. But upon reflection - I think we had a language misunderstanding. Note that I did post the photos provided by NYSoccerFamily. It is positive that we **finally** resolved this!

ascatsob -- I never really doubted that you were providing good info - but when the cabin stewards told me they were the "same as" - that really threw me. But upon reflection - I think we had a language misunderstanding. Note that I did post the photos provided by NYSoccerFamily. It is positive that we **finally** resolved this!

No problem.....I actually thought I was going crazy or they made a change! I didn't want anyone who was concerned about it being 1 room canceling because I was having a brain "fart" if you know what I mean. Actually, these pictures show the room in a better light than when I saw it. The room was a disaster with 3 kids and 2 adults and the beds were spread all over the room. The shame is that NCL is selling this room as a 3 room suite. HC or not, it is not a 3 room suite and they need to update their reservations department or they will continue to have unhappy customers.

Thanks for posting the pictures. Actually for our family the pictures make me think that we will do a family cruise (October is just hubby and I) on the Epic because for our son and a friend of his or two this would work out very well. All that open space would make navigating so much easier than some he's been in previously.

I can understand why people booked in this suite that don't need the accessibility would be upset. But for those needing the turning room, etc. it actually would work well. Plus, so much of the time an accesssible cabin/suite is just an open bare room. At least this has a table with chairs, pretty bathroom area, etc.

No that is wrong! There are no interior walls dividing the space into 2 bedrooms, two bathrooms and a living/dining area as the non HC villas have. There is just a curtain, sectioning off the bathroom from the rest of the villa (although bathroom itself is divided with wall into 2 parts--outer (sink) vs.inner (toilet-shower-tub).

The real problem seems to be with NCL reservation people not telling people of the difference between standard villa and HC villa. If you are choosing a villa because you want separate rooms, as we did for a family of 5, then if an NCL phone reservationist assigns you this HC room, without informing you of the lack of walls (as they seem to have done to several people), then you would and should be upset.

So it is as expected. Unlike some speculation that said there was just a curtain around the toilet and bath area there is in fact walls.

What are you looking at? If you are looking at the floor plan, the divider is a curtain not a wall. If you take a look at the photo, you can see the curtain divider. Not sure what you are seeing.

What are you looking at? If you are looking at the floor plan, the divider is a curtain not a wall. If you take a look at the photo, you can see the curtain divider. Not sure what you are seeing.

Sorry I see a wall in the picture around the toilet, shower, bath area. A curtain like the balcony cabins that divides the sink area and blocks the light to the rest of the cabin if used at night :confused:

Wall and door clear in this picture

hand1.jpg

Edited by time2cruise1

Sorry I see a wall in the picture around the toilet, shower, bath area. A curtain like the balcony cabins that divides the sink area and blocks the light to the rest of the cabin if used at night :confused:

Wall and door clear in this picture

If you were familiar with how the Villa Suites are configured, you would know that there is no wall dividing the master bedroom from the living area nor are there walls around what is normally a second bedroom and bath area. That is what is being discussed here - not the bathroom area only. That is not the way the suite is represented by NCL.

Hope that clarifies the question.

Edited by dnl_in_Illinois