~~~Oasis review 7/17/10 sailing~~~

It was very important that I wrote a review for the Oasis for the week of July 17 because I had to share with everyone how AMAZING the ship is and what a fabulous time I had. I thought all day of how to write this review. A traditional review just didn’t seem right for me. And then it hit me why…I already wrote it!! I have in a sense already reviewed it for so many on my LIVE thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1237234. That thread captures the experience live, as it happened. I covered what I did many times a day, and what I felt and thought about what I did and saw. I think it says it all. To write a review now, after the fact, wouldn’t be the same. So I have decided that my LIVE thread and my pictures only thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1242619 capture the moments, captures why you need to sail on her. For those who followed my adventures, you already knew my review first hand. For those who didn’t, it will a different kind of review, but one that will make you want to sail her.

Will gladly answer any questions you have….

It was very important that I wrote a review for the Oasis for the week of July 17 because I had to share with everyone how AMAZING the ship is and what a fabulous time I had. I thought all day of how to write this review. A traditional review just didn’t seem right for me. And then it hit me why…I already wrote it!! I have in a sense already reviewed it for so many on my LIVE thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1237234. That thread captures the experience live, as it happened. I covered what I did many times a day, and what I felt and thought about what I did and saw. I think it says it all. To write a review now, after the fact, wouldn’t be the same. So I have decided that my LIVE thread and my pictures only thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1242619 capture the moments, captures why you need to sail on her. For those who followed my adventures, you already knew my review first hand. For those who didn’t, it will a different kind of review, but one that will make you want to sail her.

Will gladly answer any questions you have….

THANK YOU....THANK YOU.....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meet me at the pier 10/9!!!!

Denice, I agree with you, your LIVE post did say it all and your photos help enforce the visualization.

Thanks for sharing

Suz

Glad to have been able to do it!!

Denice, when I saw this thread I thought there would be no way that you could top what you wrote about all last week as you experienced it. I glad you did not, your live on on Oasis is your testerment.

I do think something is in order and those are some tips, some of those special hidden area you found when you were aboard the Oasis. like Below the bridge and above the Solarium for a good look out area..shhh do not tell to many people about that. I do think that would be so helpful...

Denice, I so enjoyed your live post and now your great photos, thank you. I was wondering if you had the menus from the MDR for dinner and wanted your thoughts on your experience at the specialty restaurants.

I do expect Oasis to be a unique sailing experience compared to other ships and I read how thrilled you were for the week. Do you think you will enjoy another cruise on a different ship as much, or will it be Oasis/Allure from now on?

Denice, when I saw this thread I thought there would be no way that you could top what you wrote about all last week as you experienced it. I glad you did not, your live on on Oasis is your testerment.

I do think something is in order and those are some tips, some of those special hidden area you found when you were aboard the Oasis. like Below the bridge and above the Solarium for a good look out area..shhh do not tell to many people about that. I do think that would be so helpful...

Someone actually just asked me about those places and I posted them..not sure of it was the live thread or picture threas, but I just posted it.

You know I will share anyhtning with you guys!:D

Denice, I so enjoyed your live post and now your great photos, thank you. I was wondering if you had the menus from the MDR for dinner and wanted your thoughts on your experience at the specialty restaurants.

I do expect Oasis to be a unique sailing experience compared to other ships and I read how thrilled you were for the week. Do you think you will enjoy another cruise on a different ship as much, or will it be Oasis/Allure from now on?

I am honestly not sure I can go back to the other ships after my Oasis experience. That's not to say I would pass up an opportunity, but right now I need the Oasis again!

I do not have the menus from The MDR, sorry. But I think I did take a picture of the entire one on one of the nights. I will go back and check and post on the pictures only thread if I find it. I think I did talk about the 2 specialty restaurants I ate at on the LIVE thread, but will be glad to mention again. LOVE LOVE CHOPS...never disappoints. Giovannis was very good.

Your enthusiasm is infectious....only in a good way!

Thanks for your writing/reporting. I wasn't too interested in the Oasis, but you made it exciting.

Cathy

Thank you, Cathy!

Hope you got to see the MDR menu I posted on the picture thread, and some of the food.

Hope you got to see the MDR menu I posted on the picture thread, and some of the food.

Hi Denice,

Thank you so much for posting the photos of the menu and the actual food! It was great to see.

I asked you about going on a ship besides Oasis again because we are going on Oasis soon and have booked Freedom for the spring. I am afraid I will want to change the spring booking to Oasis after we sail her in October. Thank you for your reply.

Hi Denice,

Thank you so much for posting the photos of the menu and the actual food! It was great to see.

I asked you about going on a ship besides Oasis again because we are going on Oasis soon and have booked Freedom for the spring. I am afraid I will want to change the spring booking to Oasis after we sail her in October. Thank you for your reply.

Boy, that is a tough decision. There is NOTHING at all wrong with the Freedom, haven't been on it, but you KNOW it is a GREAT ship!! But for me personally, I would have a hard time not choosing the Oasis over the Freedom. I mean why did you choose the Freedom to begin with? I am sure there was a reason. Nothing wrong with trying all ships out. I am sure you will have an equally wonderful cruise on either. And maybe after the Oasis you will say, yes that was awesome, but let's just try another ship. Or you could say, LET'S BOOK HER AGAIN!!!;)

Denise - Did you go to the Diamond/Diamond + lounge? Also, can you relate where it is located. We will be on Allure this coming December and will assume that it will be in the same location. :)

Thanks for your great review/pictures! :)

Denise - Did you go to the Diamond/Diamond + lounge? Also, can you relate where it is located. We will be on Allure this coming December and will assume that it will be in the same location. :)

Thanks for your great review/pictures! :)

The Diamond lounge is on deck 6. I visited it a few times, but spent most of my "lounge" time in the suite lounge on deck 11. Loved it there!

The Diamond lounge is on deck 6. I visited it a few times, but spent most of my "lounge" time in the suite lounge on deck 11. Loved it there!

In the Diamond+/Suite Concierge Lounge, did they really serve lunch?:) Also were there computer inside to access the internet?

I understand! :) We are working our way towards Diamond +. It will take awhile as we love sailing Celebrity now after trying Celebrity out 5 years ago.

In the Diamond+/Suite Concierge Lounge, did they really serve lunch?:) Also were there computer inside to access the internet?

In the suite lounge they did indeed serve lunch and breakfast and always had pastries and cookies and the food was wonderful (check the thread where my "pictures only" are..there is a menu from there that was either the snack or lunch menu) ! Never ate at the Diamond lounge. There were 2 computers in the suite lounge. I had purchased a internet package...500 minutes for $150 so I could post live. I did also have a small percentage coupon I could use toward the price.

DSC05326.jpg?t=1280237200

DSC05327.jpg?t=1280237274

Denice........ Thank you again.

What I am not seeing, or maybe I missed it.. is Dining Times. There is no mention of the traditional dining times on these compasses.

What can you tell us about that?

I know some nights can deviate depending on ports etc.

Thanks again!

Hi Renie!

The compass I posted was one given to you on the first day and that just is a "highlighter" of shows, activities, classes etc for the full 7 days to help plan your week.

The regular daily compasses did not list dining times, since we also now have "my dining times". The traditional seatings were still at 6 and 8:30, and were indicated on the daily compass by stating "dining music started" at the 6 and 8:30 time slots.

Hope that helps.

Archived