QM2 Luggage Tags - ugh

gardenbunny

What is with the peel and stick luggage tags for QM2? The beautiful tags I got for QE2 are souvenir quality - I was really disappointed when I got my documents for my past Jan 2005 Caribbean - I was hoping they would be nice like QE2 - Did they discontinue the nice tags?

I second that!

So disappointed when I got my tags last year for the first trip on QM2. Don't know if the QE2 has switched over too or if this is just for QM2.

Not really in keeping with the whole ocean liner experience.

Yes, the QE 2 also has the new modern tags..... as did the Caronia in during my May 2004 cruise.

I'm sure they are much more reliable (and scan-able) but they aren't as much fun as the old ones.

Michael

Our last cruise this past September, RCCL sent docs by email complete with a picture of one luggage tag with our room number on it. Really had a hard time making ciopies. They didn't attach too well either. Kept tearing when I tied the paper string. Half our luggage never made it onboard.:eek:

I'm sure these new fangled luggage tags will be a great improvement.:)

Although the high technology new tags may not be a great collector's item, someone must want them. They were on my luggage when I dropped them off at the pier but when my bags never made it to my Q5 cabin, I had my butler and the concierge investigate. Turns out my bags were sitting with 20-30 others (by reception) who also were now missing their cute pink sticky tags. The life of a longshoreman must be boring indeed. :o

Chuck and Phyllis- to keep you as a happy customer I have 2 desk drawers full of rare laminated luggage tags from trade shows. Of course you will have to use my name and business address on your bags. Otherwise, i think most travel policies do provide full refunds from natural disasters like hurricanes or cheap luggage tags. ;)

Archived