Contacting another cabin on Azura

BetBob

Our family are on Azura in a few weeks for our first ever cruise holiday :D

As both cabins are on the same deck but on opposite sides of the shipI was thinking of how we could stay in touch during the day should we decide to go our own way - me at the spa while they're at the pool :cool:

Im planning to take some post-it notes and thought we could have spare key cards for each other's cabins in order to leave messages (although DH not entirely happy at the thought of his siesta being interrupted:mad:). Normally we'd text but I'd really like to put the phones away and truly relax.

I can see quite a few have now experienced Azura and was hoping someone can advise. Is there a way of messaging other cabins via the keyboard provided for restaurant bookings etc?

Many thanks :)

Our family are on Azura in a few weeks for our first ever cruise holiday :D

As both cabins are on the same deck but on opposite sides of the shipI was thinking of how we could stay in touch during the day should we decide to go our own way - me at the spa while they're at the pool :cool:

Im planning to take some post-it notes and thought we could have spare key cards for each other's cabins in order to leave messages (although DH not entirely happy at the thought of his siesta being interrupted:mad:). Normally we'd text but I'd really like to put the phones away and truly relax.

I can see quite a few have now experienced Azura and was hoping someone can advise. Is there a way of messaging other cabins via the keyboard provided for restaurant bookings etc?

Many thanks :)

I can answer this .

First you won't be able to have each others key cards. If you read my report (photos Azura and comments) you will see that there are no seperate key cards on Azura. You Security onboard account card is also your key card, one allocated per person with your photo built in plus credit card details...so no way will you be able to have another cabins card.

It is easy to phone another cabin on board . Details on how to do this in a book in your cabin, but basically its the deck number followed by cabin number

For example Deck 12 (A DECK) cabin 405 would be 12405

We had elderly mum next door and i phoned her often to arrange meets.

P,S You won't be able to text at sea a lot of the time anyway as mobile signel often disappears at sea.

Thanks for that Libralass, we're going on the next voyage to the canaries in 11 days. From the deck plans it looks like the ships decks are named using the letters, so when your actually on the ship do they use deck numbers or letters? I know its boring, but to work out your way around the ship using letters, and then numbers is quite weird. And nice azura review by the way!

I can answer this .

First you won't be able to have each others key cards. If you read my report (photos Azura and comments) you will see that there are no seperate key cards on Azura. You Security onboard account card is also your key card, one allocated per person with your photo built in plus credit card details...so no way will you be able to have another cabins card.

It is easy to phone another cabin on board . Details on how to do this in a book in your cabin, but basically its the deck number followed by cabin number

For example Deck 12 (A DECK) cabin 405 would be 12405

We had elderly mum next door and i phoned her often to arrange meets.

P,S You won't be able to text at sea a lot of the time anyway as mobile signel often disappears at sea.

Thanks LibraLass, that makes perfect sense so I guess we'll use the cabin phones. Hadn't thought about the mobile signal at sea so that's good news as it will stop those work calls coming thro :)

I haven't looked at your trip report yet but this weekend I'm devoting to getting the paperwork printed off etc so I look forward to reading it then. I've been avoiding photos of Azura as part of the excitement for me is discovering the ship when we board. Very excited now and really looking forward to a very chilled out holiday.

Archived