Afternoon Orient Beach Shore Excursion through Royal Caribbean: More Info Please

Sailfish

I'll be aboard the Mariner in two weeks and have an afternoon shore excursion to Orient Beach scheduled. Can someone tell me where exactly (landmarks) this tour takes you? Is Orient Beach very large? Does this shore excursion take you to a beach resort with facilities?

Aside from what the online booking form stated about Orient Beach, details on what to do were minimal. Can you go snorkeling there?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Suzi

Orient Beach is a VERY large beach. They don't take you to a resort, but there are a lot of restaurants and bars along the sand, as well as places where you can rent everything from lounges to windsurfers and jet skis. I've seen people snorkeling there, but I don't know how good it would be as it's a rather crowded beach.

If you pay more than $30 per person for the "tour" to Orient Beach you are throwing money away. That's what it will cost on your own for RT taxi (van), lounge, umbrella, rum punch and lunch. You will see the same scenery in a taxi as in a bus full of cruisers.

Yeah, I agree with kal... You don't need an excusion to go to Orient Beach, there are plenty of taxis going in each direction all day long, and I know you can do it on your own cheaper, as well as go and leave whenever you wish, eat and drink where you want, etc.

Archived