Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

I just spoke with Celebrity and they told me that the total for the Premium Beveraga Package per day is $62.10 (gratuities included) and that there is a

"glitch" in the system that adds a little extra. That is why it came out to over $900 when I tried to purchase it on the web. They also said that if I were to purchase the package online, at checkout I would see the correct price.

Haven't tried it yet, but it is good to know.

I just looked at the Premium Alcohol package for the 12-night Southern Car. on Silhouette. It is listed at from $648 and when I clicked "purchase now" and choose the passenger, it shows the passenger line item amount as adding the 15% gratuity making it $745.20. And then the Total line shows $842.40. :eek: Is this the glitch you're referring to?

I was wondering what the added $97.20 was for; tax, "pouring fee"?:confused: Hope it is the "glitch" because suddenly it's not worth it if it isn't a glitch.

My DH and I are going on Celebrity Infinity for a 7-day Alaskan cruise in May 2012. We love Celebrity. We have never done a drink package before, so this board has been very helpful. We have been thinking of each getting the premium alcohol package. Since it is only a 7-day cruise and we will have two sea days and two cruising days, we would probably get our money's worth. At least we would have a good idea of what our capacity is (LOL) and if it would be worth purchasing for a longer cruise.

I have tried to find information on the Celebrity site about the prices of the drink packages. I do not see the information there.

After reading up to page 45 on this board, I decided to just jump to the end. I do know there was mention of a price increase for May of 2011.

Can anyone tell me what the prices are of all the drink packages now? Since the drink package prices have increased, have the drink prices been increased? Also is there any knowledge of an increase again in the near future?

Thank you so much for any info you can provide. This board and you folks and your input are very much appreciated.

GiGiAnn

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package - Starting from: 14.00 USD Per Night

Premium Non-Alcoholic Package - Starting from: 18.00 USD Per Night

Classic Package - Starting from: 44.00 USD Per Night

Premium Package - Starting from: 54.00 USD Per Night

Soda Package - Starting from: 7.00 USD Per Night

Premium Bottled Water Package - Starting from: 12.00 USD Per Night

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages

...Can anyone tell me what the prices are of all the drink packages now?...

This page on the Celebrity site lists the current prices of all of the packages. When you buy they package they'll add on a 15% gratuity service charge.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

Thank you rhuntington3 and Lsimon for your speedy response.

rhuntington3, I am not sure what "Premium Package starting at $54" means.

And one more question. Since my DH drinks only Vodka on the rocks, and wine at dinner, would he be better off getting the Classic Pkg rather than the Premium Pkg?

GiGiAnn

Oh gosh, I keep coming up with more questions. I asked about Vodka on the rocks. Is that considered a Martini and priced accordingly, ie $10? And are the daily special drinks still only $5? I can't remember what we paid for them last March, but I think it was more.

GiGiAnn

Oh gosh, I keep coming up with more questions. I asked about Vodka on the rocks. Is that considered a Martini and priced accordingly, ie $10? And are the daily special drinks still only $5? I can't remember what we paid for them last March, but I think it was more.

GiGiAnn

Hi,

Vodka + Mixer costs starts at $6/7 depending on brand. I would expect Vodka on rocks to be at most the same price.

A vodka martini is a cocktail made with vodka and vermouth, a variation of a Martini.

Jim

...I am not sure what "Premium Package starting at $54" means....

The package prices on the web site are the current prices per day before the 15% service charge is added in. I don't know why they word it "starting at $54". If you have a 10 day cruise your price would be the $54 time 10 days plus 15% or $621

The prices from 2010 were current as of last winter, they might have gone up slightly for some drinks but not all. There was an increase in the beverage packages last summer and I'd guess that will be it at least until next summer but no one knows for sure.

The $10 martini's are large mixed martini's, roughly 4 oz size, served straight up. Most of the bars, other than the martini bar, serve a smaller martini for something like $8.

Edited by Lsimon

Thanks, jimzgoldfinch and Lsimon for your reply. After a lot of considerable thought and discussion, I believe that we will try the premium alcohol package. The cruise in May is only a 7-day with two sea days and two days of cruising. So, I I think it would be a good time to try a beverage package to see if it is worth it. I don't want to "kill my liver," as I usually only have one gin & tonic before dinner and one glass of wine at dinner. And that is not everyday. But the things I like about having the package is that I can drink all the lattes and espressos, special water and fresh squeezed juices that I want. Also, the freedom to not have to sign each ticket and even try to keep track of drinks would be great. Our package would be paid for before we board the ship and would really be like an all inclusive. I have read where some folks were charged five drinks in a row on their bill and were sure that they had not purchased all of them in a row. We never kept track of what we drank on any of our previous cruises and trusted the final bill to be accurate. DUH!

Thanks again for all your input.

GiGiAnn

I only read a few pages so im not sure if this has been asked. Can one person in the cabin purchase a drink package and the other purchase a different package? DH would want the premium package but I would just need the classic package.

Yes, I purchased the Premium Alcohol package, and DH purchased the premium non-alcohol package because he can't drink alcohol.

This will be our first voyage with Celebrity, please tell me If my assumptions are correct:

On a 13 night crossing, I am offered a soft drink package for $104.65.

This divided by 13 comes to $8.05 per day.

Buying individual soft drinks cost $2.25 including a 15% gratuity.

8.05/2.25 = 3.57. therefore if I drink on the average less than 4 soft drinks, I am better off paying for my sodas individually.

Comments please??

Thanks, jimzgoldfinch and Lsimon for your reply. After a lot of considerable thought and discussion, I believe that we will try the premium alcohol package. The cruise in May is only a 7-day with two sea days and two days of cruising. So, I I think it would be a good time to try a beverage package to see if it is worth it. I don't want to "kill my liver," as I usually only have one gin & tonic before dinner and one glass of wine at dinner. And that is not everyday. But the things I like about having the package is that I can drink all the lattes and espressos, special water and fresh squeezed juices that I want. Also, the freedom to not have to sign each ticket and even try to keep track of drinks would be great. Our package would be paid for before we board the ship and would really be like an all inclusive. I have read where some folks were charged five drinks in a row on their bill and were sure that they had not purchased all of them in a row. We never kept track of what we drank on any of our previous cruises and trusted the final bill to be accurate. DUH!

Thanks again for all your input.

GiGiAnn

GiGiAnn

Have you considered purchasing a premium non-alcohol package for the waters, juices, coffees etc. and buying your alcohol as you go? You might find that better value. Also, do check you account on the stateroom TV daily so that you can check on what charges are being made. Guest Relations will sort any discrepancies at the time - don't wait until the end of your trip. Whatever you do...enjoy!

GiGiAnn

Have you considered purchasing a premium non-alcohol package for the waters, juices, coffees etc. and buying your alcohol as you go? You might find that better value. Also, do check you account on the stateroom TV daily so that you can check on what charges are being made. Guest Relations will sort any discrepancies at the time - don't wait until the end of your trip. Whatever you do...enjoy!

Thanks. I might just try that. Good idea about checking daily.

GiGiAnn

I've found the information in this thread so helpful. I've read a lot of the posts but not all so pardon if this sounds kind of redundant. We'll be sailing Aquaclass on our 14 night cruise this winter to South America. I'm trying to decide whether to purchase an alcohol package for my DH and myself.

Originally I started thinking if we purchase the occasional cup of coffee (because everyone says the coffee is so bad), juice or bottled water along with having a few cocktails it would be worth it to buy the package but the more I read the different forums, the more information I glean. It sounds like with Aquaclass that the coffee in Blu is quite good so I shouldn't need to hunt down a good cup anywhere else. We will also be able to have fresh squeezed OJ with room service breakfast (or hopefully in Blu as well). It sounds like we'll have plenty of bottled water in our room as well....it just won't be Evian or SP. So we basically just have to purchase our wine and cocktails. We don't normally drink soft drinks or energy drinks and after my morning coffee I will rarely have anymore unless it's after dinner with dessert. I'm thinking that we probably wouldn't get the best value out of the package if we purchase it for the 14 nights. I like a few glasses of wine and the odd cocktail especially if it's a sea day but not sure if I would drink enough in 2 weeks to pay for the package. If I did, I'd probably end up going into rehab to dry out after the cruise :eek:

Can we purchase the package part way into our trip for the remaining duration once we have a few more sea days upon us?

Thanks for your help.

They charge for juice and coffee?:eek:

Here is a copy of a post I made on a different thread. If you want to link to the thread (subject was beverages included in cruise fare) then click on the little arrow in the quote after my screen name:

Just to recap, no extra charge beverages:

Tap water, Brewed coffee (regular and decaf), instant coffee (taster's choice regular and decaf), Tea (good selection of about 8 or more popular tea blends including green, mint, etc), hot coca (Nestles instant mix), Milk (regular, chocolate and skim), juices, iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch.

All of these items are available in any dining area or from room service. They are available 24/7 from room service and from beverage stations in the buffet area although some items are not available at all times in the buffet: Some milks are only available during meals in the buffet and the dispensers used for juices during breakfast times are used for iced tea, lemonade and punch at other times.

For the most part there is an extra charge for any alcoholic, carbonated, or bottled beverage. Also most bars and lounges charge for any beverages served there. There are upscale versions of many no-extra-charge beverages available which do cost extra such as espresso based coffees, organic teas, bottled water, fresh squeezed OJ, etc.

...Can we purchase the package part way into our trip for the remaining duration once we have a few more sea days upon us?...

Yes. They sell it on board so you can check out your own consumption patterns and expenses for a day or two first. If you buy it on board they pro-rate the cost for the remaining nights of the cruise. The Celebrity site says "It can be purchased on board up until there are 2 nights left in the cruise and must be purchased for the remainder of the voyage."

Edited by Lsimon

GiGiAnn

Hi, that's my plan. No matter how I add it up I don't see myself spending $60.00-plus a day on alcohol drinks, but those special coffees and teas will be great and most of my expense. I plan to TV check as you suggest for a day or two and if the expense is exceeding my expectations then I'll purchase an alcohol package for the rest of the trip. So nice to have choices, isn't it? ;) Laurie

Just returned from a 7 day cruise on the Summit. Really glad to have had my classic drink package. A lovely pot of hot tea is around $4.00. Beer, Miller lite is $4.50, Malibu and Pineapple is $6.00. I had four pages of drinks. Wine for Pinot Gritio (sp) $6.00. Plain pineapple juice was $4 and diet coke was around 2.50. Latte's were around $5.00 so it was a great deal.

I just looked at the Premium Alcohol package for the 12-night Southern Car. on Silhouette. It is listed at from $648 and when I clicked "purchase now" and choose the passenger, it shows the passenger line item amount as adding the 15% gratuity making it $745.20. And then the Total line shows $842.40. :eek: Is this the glitch you're referring to?

I was wondering what the added $97.20 was for; tax, "pouring fee"?:confused: Hope it is the "glitch" because suddenly it's not worth it if it isn't a glitch.

Sorry it took me a while to answer. I finally called Celebrity and ordered the premium package. It came out to exactly $434.70 per person (for a seven day cruise), or the $54.00 plus the 15% gratuity per day.

The system has two glitches that I am aware of, one being the extra they quote, but don't charge when you try to book it online, and the other is when you try to find out if they credited your account, you have to go to "My Reservations" and it only comes out on the "Payment Summary" page, not on your "Reservation Summary"

I hope this helps.

Edited by Luma001