Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Glad we didn't do the alcohol package -- we didn't really care for the general wines on the by the glass list anyway...

That is my main holding point. Looking at the wines by the glass, there is virtually nothing (save a couple of champagnes which are over $12/glass) that I would even order. If we end up purchasing a bottle of wine each evening for dinner after having purchased the Premium Alcohol Package, it kind of defeats the purpose!

Tom

We cruised on the Eclipse in May of last year and purchased the premium alcohol package before the cruise. We have booked again for May this year and will be purchasing another Premium alcohol package before we go. Question is: can we part pay for it from the on board credit we have been given?

I have searched the Celebrity site but to no avail.

Does anyone have an updated Wine by the glass list for the Constellation...looking at the one from April 2011 there are not that many choices? Is that the most current? Considering a drink package and how many choices there would be for the Premium pkg.

Thanks

Tammy

We cruised on the Eclipse in May of last year and purchased the premium alcohol package before the cruise. We have booked again for May this year and will be purchasing another Premium alcohol package before we go. Question is: can we part pay for it from the on board credit we have been given?

I have searched the Celebrity site but to no avail.

Only if you book it when you get on board.

Does anyone have an updated Wine by the glass list for the Constellation...looking at the one from April 2011 there are not that many choices? Is that the most current? Considering a drink package and how many choices there would be for the Premium pkg.

Thanks

Tammy

We were on the Constellation in November/December and we found better wines by the glass in Cellar Masters. Find one you like and let them know what it is in the Main Dining Room, and they will make sure they have that bottle ready for you (by the glass that is). At least they did for us. Tuscan Grille had a great wine called Super Tuscan! Not sure if you could get it in the Main Dining room. I noticed there was a different menu for wines by the glass in the main dining room than what was offered at other bars (Cellar Masters, Tuscan Grille).

Thanks for the info....I had not thought of cellar masters, but a great suggestion as it is a nice relaxing place for a glass of wine too. Very nice that they brought your wine choice to the main dining room.

Tam

Thanks for the info....I had not thought of cellar masters, but a great suggestion as it is a nice relaxing place for a glass of wine too. Very nice that they brought your wine choice to the main dining room.

Tam

Agreed - I think we'll head in there and she what options we have prior to making our decision on the package.

Thanks,

Tom

Us too as I just found out that we don't embark until 6:00 pm after a day of touring and travel on land. I doubt I would drink $56 worth that night.

Yep - which comes back to a question I asked earlier, that nobody seems to have an answer to.

IF you purchase your package at 12:01 AM (embarkation night), would you then pay for one less day?

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

I talked to a cust rep at Celebrity the other day and the beverage packages are not sold by the day. Meaning you cannot just buy a couple of days, you have to have it for the whole cruise. He even went as far as saying that they stop selling the alcohol packages a few hours after setting sale. :cool:

I talked to a cust rep at Celebrity the other day and the beverage packages are not sold by the day. Meaning you cannot just buy a couple of days, you have to have it for the whole cruise. He even went as far as saying that they stop selling the alcohol packages a few hours after setting sale. :cool:

This is not entirely accurate unless they have changed very very recently.

You do have to buy for the remainder of the cruise. This means that if you buy on, or before, embarkation day that you need to purchase for the whole cruise. If you buy after the first day on board then you must purchase for the remainder of the cruise. Per Celebrity's web site the packages are available for sale as long as there are more than two nights remaining on the cruise: http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Beverage+Packages&faqId=4039&pagename=faq_answers

Yep - which comes back to a question I asked earlier, that nobody seems to have an answer to.

IF you purchase your package at 12:01 AM (embarkation night), would you then pay for one less day?

Tom

I doubt that they would cut off that quickly but who knows. What is clear is that they charge per night and if you purchase it after the first night then they pro-rate the price for the remaining nights. Whether they have a technical cut off like 12:01AM or a more common sense approach like anytime the next morning or later, I can't say.

I doubt that they would cut off that quickly but who knows. What is clear is that they charge per night and if you purchase it after the first night then they pro-rate the price for the remaining nights. Whether they have a technical cut off like 12:01AM or a more common sense approach like anytime the next morning or later, I can't say.

Thanks. I have heard that it's pro-rated for remaining nights, yet in the previous link you gave it does not indicate that - only that it can be purchased up until two nights remaining.

Tom

Of course, THIS FAQ topic gives information that is contradictory to what I have been told by Celebrity as well as some people on this thread.

FAQ Answers

Can I purchase a package and then just pay the difference in price for any drinks above the package price threshold?

Subject: Beverage Packages

No. Any drinks requested above the price threshold will be charged at full price.

I have been told that with the Premium Alcohol Package, you CAN simply pay the difference when the beverage exceeds $12/glass.

I think that they should put a bit more time into their FAQ's!

Tom

Of course, THIS FAQ topic gives information that is contradictory to what I have been told by Celebrity as well as some people on this thread.

FAQ Answers

Can I purchase a package and then just pay the difference in price for any drinks above the package price threshold?

Subject: Beverage Packages

No. Any drinks requested above the price threshold will be charged at full price.

I have been told that with the Premium Alcohol Package, you CAN simply pay the difference when the beverage exceeds $12/glass.

I think that they should put a bit more time into their FAQ's!

Tom

Hi,

I agree with you. There are far too many contradictions on Celebrities website. Changes in policies do not appear to be updated - now being able to pay the difference on premium package a good example.

Jim

Is there a specialty coffee only package available? On other cruise lines there are discounts if you purchase a "package" of 10 or so specialty coffees. I can't seem to find any such "package" on Celebrity. We are not really interested in the non alcohol packages as we don't drink carbonated beverages, so purhasing this package is not economical for us.

Thanks for your help!

Is there a specialty coffee only package available? On other cruise lines there are discounts if you purchase a "package" of 10 or so specialty coffees. I can't seem to find any such "package" on Celebrity. We are not really interested in the non alcohol packages as we don't drink carbonated beverages, so purhasing this package is not economical for us.

Thanks for your help!

I'm sorry, but there isn't a specialty coffee-only package available from X.

We are on a 14 day cruise out of Southampton, but the last day you are off the boat at approx 9 am, do you pay for 13 days or 14. I hate to think I would be paying for a drink package that you cannot use on the last day.

I believe that you will be on the ship 14 nights. That means you will pay for 14 days of package. Don't forget that 1st day when you boarded. You will actually be disembarking on the 15th day.

Good Sailing

Tom

We are on a 14 day cruise out of Southampton, but the last day you are off the boat at approx 9 am, do you pay for 13 days or 14. I hate to think I would be paying for a drink package that you cannot use on the last day.

The package prices are per night. Count the number of nights you'll be having dinner on, and sleeping on, the ship and that is the number of nights they'll charge you for the package.

This is actually the way they describe their cruises as well - for example I'd guess your cruise is described as a 14 night cruise rather than a 14 day cruise.

Edited by Lsimon

We are planning to go on Equinox, Eastern Med this May and are interested in the drinks packages. Having read most of this thread I think I know how it works but I would appreciate some advice. Do they serve draught ( draft for our American friends ) beer anywhere on board, if so how much does it cost? What's the current price for the drinks packages in Europe?

Thanks,

Jim

Has anyone had the Classic Drink Package and realized they needed the Premium? Does the Classic include any single malt scotches?

I'll probably go for the Premium just to be on the safe side and to not have any issues - and I guess I'll start trying Martinis or something (which I normally wouldn't if I do get it). But, basically - I love frozen drinks and non-frozen margaritas out by the pool, blood mary's in the morning with breakfast. And in the evening I will be with friend's who I am sure will sit at a bar and drink scotches, etc. Now - I don't need fancy, fancy but I do like a decent scotch..

I have seen the listing on Celebrities website, and I'll go back and take a look at it again.

As other posters have said, you pay for the 14 night since that is the length of your cruise. But let me add that your drink package is still honored the morning you disembark! I used it to get a specialty coffee (actually 2, one at breakfast and another later in a "to-go" cup to take off the ship), and a bottle of water.