Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

IM with AEGBRG.

Are all of you Saints?

I Think not.

Thanks man! At least somebody on this board agrees me. Be careful though -- you are going to upset a lot of people on this board who think they are perfect and have never broken a rule or a law at one point in their life.

The $25 corkage fee is practically stealing, but that is perfectly OK with the people on this board as long as Celebrity is the one doing the cheating.

I have been debating on 2 packages and I'm hoping others can chime in.

I either want to get the soda package, which is just soda, or the package that's twice the price that includes juice and non-premium bottled water.

I have 2 sea days on my cruise, and 8 port days. On my last cruise, in the morning for breakfast I'd always get a few apple juices (they were in very small glasses on HAL) and I'd have either fruit punch (free) or soda (drink card) for lunch if on board (not often) and for dinner I'd always have a soda and then after if we went to an area that had a bar then I'd usually get another soda.

So, based on this, do you think I should spring for the 140 package or should I just pay for juice/water as I go? (i'd like to have bottled water say, stored in my room for overnights and maybe at the ports but didn't pay for it on board last time) We are going on a Mediterranean cruise, so our time on board will literally be the 2 sea days plus the evenings/overnight/breakfast for the most part. I'd hate to waste my money but I'd rather not worry about how much I might want while on board, so I'm confused. :-) Please help me out!

If apple juice and pineapple juice maybe are included at the buffet in the morning, then maybe this question is moot...I know "some" juice is included but people seemed to say it wasn't regularly supplied. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I'd prefer to have some sort of fruit juice for breakfast.

I didn't see it listed - but does anyone have the list of the prices on the non alcoholic drinks (I see coffees, waters, teas, etc but not the price of say their frozen drinks - like frozen coffee's or virgin pina coladas or non alcoholic drink of the day).

Thanks man! At least somebody on this board agrees me. Be careful though -- you are going to upset a lot of people on this board who think they are perfect and have never broken a rule or a law at one point in their life.

The $25 corkage fee is practically stealing, but that is perfectly OK with the people on this board as long as Celebrity is the one doing the cheating.

I accept that I'm not perfect, and I do not deny that I have broken rules in my life. Most of us seem to believe the difference is not bragging about breaking rules, and advising people that it is appropriate behavior. That I am flawed, doesn't mean that other people should try and emulate (or exceed) my failures.

And I definitely have a different view of the world from anyone who believes that a corkage fee is practically stealing. There are pros and cons to corkage fees in restaurants, but it's a standard industry concept that is generally known and understood before it's charged.

Returning to the original purpose of this thread, if anyone has and could post current (mid-2011) beverage prices it would be greatly appreciated. Just wondering how much things have changed from mid-2010 when this thread started. In particular I'm interested in prices that are being charged on Mediterranean sailings this summer. Thanks.

I have been debating on 2 packages and I'm hoping others can chime in.

I either want to get the soda package, which is just soda, or the package that's twice the price that includes juice and non-premium bottled water.

I have 2 sea days on my cruise, and 8 port days. On my last cruise, in the morning for breakfast I'd always get a few apple juices (they were in very small glasses on HAL) and I'd have either fruit punch (free) or soda (drink card) for lunch if on board (not often) and for dinner I'd always have a soda and then after if we went to an area that had a bar then I'd usually get another soda.

So, based on this, do you think I should spring for the 140 package or should I just pay for juice/water as I go? (i'd like to have bottled water say, stored in my room for overnights and maybe at the ports but didn't pay for it on board last time) We are going on a Mediterranean cruise, so our time on board will literally be the 2 sea days plus the evenings/overnight/breakfast for the most part. I'd hate to waste my money but I'd rather not worry about how much I might want while on board, so I'm confused. :-) Please help me out!

If apple juice and pineapple juice maybe are included at the buffet in the morning, then maybe this question is moot...I know "some" juice is included but people seemed to say it wasn't regularly supplied. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I'd prefer to have some sort of fruit juice for breakfast.

After reading your situation, I think I would choose to "pay as I go". All your drinking is soda and juice and you don't have very many sea days either. What I don't understand, isn't there any juice that's free on the ship? There are free juices on RCCL, they only charge for fresh squeezed juices. We'll be on our first Celebrity cruise this November so I really don't know if they have free juices.

After reading your situation, I think I would choose to "pay as I go". All your drinking is soda and juice and you don't have very many sea days either. What I don't understand, isn't there any juice that's free on the ship? There are free juices on RCCL, they only charge for fresh squeezed juices. We'll be on our first Celebrity cruise this November so I really don't know if they have free juices.

I've been told there are some free ones...I just haven't been told that they are consistently served on each ship. I'm hoping others will chime in that have sailed on Celebrity, I've only been on HAL, and i drank their fruit punch pretty often, to avoid paying too much out of pocket, plus I could also do half punch and half water to save on calories.

New to Cruise Critic - and just found this thread. Some great info here!

Anyone have any input - we're cruising in the Mediterranean for our honeymoon for 12 days with 7 ports...is the drink package worth it? I know we could drink $54 in drinks during the at-sea days, but with so many port days, I'm not sure if we'd be able to drink our money's worth overall.

Anyone have any input - we're cruising in the Mediterranean for our honeymoon for 12 days with 7 ports...is the drink package worth it? I know we could drink $54 in drinks during the at-sea days, but with so many port days, I'm not sure if we'd be able to drink our money's worth overall.

We chose to buy all the drinks whenever we wanted them. At the end, we didn't spend nearly as much as it would have cost for the package. Let us know how you go and what the results were.

We had it for our recent 12-night Med on the Solstice, and we absolutely got our money's worth. Even with a very port-intensive cruise (we only had 3 sea days). Remember that it's not just alcoholic drinks - it also covers the specialty coffees/teas in the Cafe, it covers sodas, it covers bottles of water. We loved the water, they have a table set up for selling water as you disembark the ship, we would pick up 2 large bottles before we left the ship and then we had it for our excursions. It is very easy to get to $54/day if you figure in getting fresh-squeezed juices at breakfast, speciality coffee/tea, bottle of water, pre-dinner drink, drink with dinner, coffee/tea/espresso/after-dinner drink, etc.

I drink wine, so was able to get 2 or 3 glasses of wine with dinner or at Cellar Masters before dinner.

There's a spreadsheet earlier in the thread that you can pull up and enter your likely drinking habits to see if it makes sense for you, the link is in my sig.

I cannot seem to get this to work. Have tried to download and save but it keeps giving me errors?? Any ideas??

Thanks!

Its all online. You don't have to save anything to your system. Just click the link like you would any other link on a web page and it will open. I just tried it and it works just fine.

Its all online. You don't have to save anything to your system. Just click the link like you would any other link on a web page and it will open. I just tried it and it works just fine.

Hello...it opens, but I cannot change any of the numbers...??

Hello...it opens, but I cannot change any of the numbers...??

Hmmm, weird. I tried to copy it to a new document but couldn't. Do you have Excel on your system? If so, just go to the File menu and Download As Excel and then run it on your own system.

Hmmm, weird. I tried to copy it to a new document but couldn't. Do you have Excel on your system? If so, just go to the File menu and Download As Excel and then run it on your own system.

I did try that, but will try again when I get home. Maybe it will work there! :) Thanks for all your help!!

Rhuntington is right (as usual, huh sweetie?) - you should be able to d/l it to your system.

That is VERY odd that it's not working - I also tried to d/l it again and it wouldn't let me.

If you want to send me an email (jobeth66@gmail.com) I'll email you the version I had saved from before my cruise.

Howdy Jobeth!

/waves

Hey babe! /waves back

I'm sad my cruise is over. :( We had so much fun. Hubby posted a bunch of pics on his flickr account, are you on that? I know he's been posting some in the 'critique' thread at TCF. It was absolutely gorgeous.

Give the Mrs. a hug from NJ!! I was going to try to get down to TX to see everyone this year, but it's just not going to happen. Maybe next year - brisket tacos @ Mias. Skittles will pay. :)

Hey babe! /waves back

I'm sad my cruise is over. :( We had so much fun. Hubby posted a bunch of pics on his flickr account, are you on that? I know he's been posting some in the 'critique' thread at TCF. It was absolutely gorgeous.

Give the Mrs. a hug from NJ!! I was going to try to get down to TX to see everyone this year, but it's just not going to happen. Maybe next year - brisket tacos @ Mias. Skittles will pay. :)

Yup, I have a Flickr account. Been seeing the images posted on TCF. I'll give the Mrs a big hug from you! Hope to see you soon! And darn right, Skittles will pay! Muhahahahaha!

Thats a great spreadsheet. I couldn't edit it online, and downloaded it seems to "break" as it doesn't calculate and I'd need to reprogram the sheet, but i'm sure it's great for those that can use it LOL.

I've pretty much decided that I don't need a package after all. I was considering the soda package or the premium non-alch I think it was? (soda plus water/juices) but I don't think I drink enough. I figure on any given day I'd only have 2-3 sodas and 1 juice when in port. I'd have probably mix of tap water and whatever the lido had for drinking in port (unless celebrity doesn't allow you to put their lido drinks into a reuseable cannister.

I accept that I'm not perfect, and I do not deny that I have broken rules in my life. Most of us seem to believe the difference is not bragging about breaking rules, and advising people that it is appropriate behavior. That I am flawed, doesn't mean that other people should try and emulate (or exceed) my failures.

And I definitely have a different view of the world from anyone who believes that a corkage fee is practically stealing. There are pros and cons to corkage fees in restaurants, but it's a standard industry concept that is generally known and understood before it's charged.

Returning to the original purpose of this thread, if anyone has and could post current (mid-2011) beverage prices it would be greatly appreciated. Just wondering how much things have changed from mid-2010 when this thread started. In particular I'm interested in prices that are being charged on Mediterranean sailings this summer. Thanks.

The spreadsheet is a great tool, so thanks very much for that. It must have taken a while to prepare.

However, I did notice that it has 2010 prices. Does anyone have a note of the current prices as of 22 May 2011, when they increased the prices for drinks and drinks packages?

Anybody know if you can still get a red bull/vodka on the solstice class ships with classic package? Solstice it was no problem, my guess is the cost was within the established guidelines.... just couldn't get premium vodka, every bar had it, no problems....recent sailing on Millenium they wouldn't serve as they said red bull was not available on classic, or were confused by the request (didn't want to serve it as a mixed drink/didn't understand/didn't have redbull at most bars)

This would be the deciding factor for my drink purchases for the upcoming 12 night greek isles trip...thanks for any info!

also noted when I added the drink packages it was calculating gratuity 2x- I won't buy in advance, just a glitch I hope!

Anybody know if you can still get a red bull/vodka on the solstice class ships with classic package? Solstice it was no problem, my guess is the cost was within the established guidelines.... just couldn't get premium vodka, every bar had it, no problems....recent sailing on Millenium they wouldn't serve as they said red bull was not available on classic, or were confused by the request (didn't want to serve it as a mixed drink/didn't understand/didn't have redbull at most bars)

This would be the deciding factor for my drink purchases for the upcoming 12 night greek isles trip...thanks for any info!

also noted when I added the drink packages it was calculating gratuity 2x- I won't buy in advance, just a glitch I hope!

Was on Eclipse in May, Red Bull only available now as premium package! :(