Where do I check-in for the Paradise???

dad son team

We went on the January 7th Paradise cruise and got there about 11:15 a.m. They said we could go into the terminal at 11:30 a.m. so we lined up at the door for 15 minutes.

If you get there between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. it might be better to sign in on the Queen Mary.

You will love it. See my review under the "Member Reviews" section above.

Have a great time!:D :D :D

Please don't make the same mistakes we did! Skip the terminal entirely and just go directly to the Queen Mary. It's a bit of a hike, especially if you are taking your luggage, and a total inconvenience overall, but that is where you need to go.

Could not, for the life of me, figure this out, when the cruise terminal is large enough to handle this and less of a hassle for passengers than trekking from one place to the other!

We took the Paradise Thanksgiving 2004. We followed the signs to the Long Beach terminal. We drove up in to the place where a man was directing cars to pull over and unload. A dock worker with the luggage cart came over to the car and unloaded the luggage. We tipped him and he took our luggage and others right to the ship. Husband took the car to park it. Parking lot was right there 10 steps away. We walked about 100 feet towards the terminal and we could see the Paradise right there. Walked easily thru xray and into a line with one other person in front of us to check-in. There must have been 30 operators checking people in. Got our picture taken, showed our docs a few more times and we were on the ship. Total time was 20 minutes.

Why is everybody talking about going all the way over to the Queen Mary? I'm confused.

Why is everybody talking about going all the way over to the Queen Mary? I'm confused.

If you print out your funpass and wish to do early check-in, you must walk over to the Queen Mary and do it there. Otherwise, you need to do everything in the terminal. Had I known then what I know now, I would have just gotten into the line to do check in at the terminal. The premise is that the early check-in line moves more quickly. However, with only one x-ray machine available, I don't think this is necessarily true. Just my .02.

Archived