Spring Break

lidorose

We cruised last Spring Break and we are cruising this Spring Break. There were quite a few younger kids on board last year, not of drinking age - our kids had a fantastic time.

I don't think HAL attracts the large crowds of college breakers, mainly just families. Also, the longer the cruise, less likely there will be tons of kids.

Does HAL typically experience the same influx of spring breakers as other lines, or is it less of an issue since HAL can be a bit more pricey and is not as geared toward that age group?
HAL will get a large increase in children and teens because of families travelling during school breaks. That's true of any cruise line. People reported several hundred children during spring break last year.

However, most cruise lines have rules regarding the age of travelers. Generally, a person under 21 has to be booked in a cabin with someone over 25. That makes it difficult for college age students to travel without their parents during spring break (or any other time of year).

We did spring break on the Zaandam in 2003 -- ship was full but adults and families rather than "spring breakers" -- I recall no nuisance factor at all from unsupervised children (or teens) -- similar experience on the Zaandam at Christmas. We have booked the Zaandam this year again for spring break we are that confident that all will be fine.

What exact time period would you say is considered "Spring Break?" I'm afraid the answers will be anywhere between March 1 and April 30? Would love your input on a more exact time frame!

I'm afraid you've pretty much hit the nail on the head with your time frame. Anytime during March and April.

My daughter's college break is the week we'll be cruising - the week of March 15th. The high schools here in Central Florida are out the week before and the week after her, depending on which county you live in.

TinaLee

Archived