Which ships have teen only discos.

HeidiHo

Do all of RCI's ships have Teen only disco's or just some? If only some of them have them, which ones? I am trying to plan a cruise for our family with 2 teens. I would like to try the Voyager class but would consider another class if they have teen only disco's.

I think your kids would enjoy the Navigator and Mariner the most. They have a much larger kids area, including a teen only disco. Those ships have so much else as well that everyone in the family will be very happy!

Been on the Voyager, Explorer and am going on the Adventure next, had my teenage kids with me as well as several others and when I asked them about the teen rooms, they said they were always empty, so I wouldn't base your vacation on the teen room, although I will agree that the Voyager Class ships with RC are the best for kids of all ages, so much to do. Never saw my kids all week. Had a fabulous time, this is why we are going on this class of ships for the third time in a row. Have fun!

That's why I suggested the 2 newest Voyager class ships. The teen areas on Navigator and Mariner are much larger and different than on the 3 older Voyager class ships, and have always been packed with kids when I've been onboard.

Mariner and Navigator have multiple teen areas -- there is a disco, and "living room" and an outdoor "back deck" area behind Adventure Ocean. (The back deck replaces the kids pool on the original Voyager-class ships) This configuration allows the 12-14 and 15-17 age groups to be separated. In my daughter's experience on both of these ships the 15-17 group pretty much had the disco every evening and the 12-14 age group had the lving room. The Living Room still had music and a mock-tail/soda bar, but was more of a multi-pupose area while the disco had more of a nightclub feel.

On Voyager, Explorer and Adventure, there is only 1 teen area called Optix. Sometimes at night one of the age groups would have an activity on the deck behind Adventure Ocean (where the kids pool is on these 3 ships), but for the most part the two teen age groups spent more time together on this cruise.

My daughter has only been in the 12-14 age group and prefers the Voyager-class ships with only Optix.

We are sailing on Radiance in November and it is my understanding from reviewing the deck plans that all Radiance-class ships have one teen areas/disco...and possibly a teen pool in the area of the kids pool??? (It shows teen pool on the deck plan but I haven't actually read anything about it in anyone's reviews...)

- PAGA

Grandeur, Mercury, Century (2 times), Galaxy, Monarch, Explorer, Mariner, Adventure, Navigator

Explorer (May '05)

Radiance (Nov '05)

Archived