NO Hotels

brcris75

Guess I should have been a little more clear there! That sounds like there are NO hotels! What I meant was, does anyone know about hotels near the New Orleans airport? Which are good, bad, etc? Your help will really be appreciated!

Most of the motels located near the airport are chain motels, and I've never heard any complaints about them. No real 'hotels' like downtown or the Quarter, but run-of-the-mill motels, mostly used by businessmen on a quick trip.

Thanks for the information. That type of hotel is fine with me as long as it's something CLEAN and SAFE. I'll be driving in to New Orleans with my 8 year old, and my 84 year old grandma. We're looking at something near the airport because we'll be meeting DH at the airport the next morning. He's flying in from his jobsite.

Glad I could help. I think y'all will be fine in one of the airport area motels. I don't have a problem staying in chain motels on most of my travels, so I didn't mean anything derogative.:)

It's a fairly easy drive to the port. Just follow the signs and don't panic with all that traffic. You should get from the airport to the port in about 20 minutes - as long as it's not rush hour.

Cotton,

I didn't take it as anything derogative! I know most people usually want a nicer place when on vacation. I would too under different circumstances. I guess the main reason I'm asking is that last year we stayed at the Days Inn right by the airport (met DH at airport then too) and it was horrible! They put us in the third room before I felt it was anything less than filthy. And it wasn't great. I will never stay there again. It doesn't have to be fancy but I do want CLEAN! So, if you hear anything bad about them please let me know!

Thanks!!!

If you are looking for a bed in a clean, quiet hotel, the airport area offers significant bargains, compared to the French Quarter, Convention district, etc. We've stayed a couple of times at the New Orleans Airport Plaza Hotel at 2150 Veterans Memorial Blvd. in Kenner (Airport area). When we were there in January, they were renovating, and in the process of changing their franchise to a Raddisson. We were able to book thru priceline for $45 + fees. That was considerably cheaper than looking downtown. It was about a 20 minute drive to the Julia Street terminal.

LOG ON TO http://WWW.BIDDINGFORTRAVEL.COM AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHECK OUT THE REVIEWS ON THE HOTELS NEAR THE AIRPORT. FROM WHAT I'VE READ THEY DON'T SOUND TOO GREAT BUT WE HAVE A ROOM BOOKED THRU PRICELINE FOR OUR FLIGHT OUT OF NEW ORLEANS TO MIAMI. WE GOT THIS ROOM FOR $30. WE RECEIVED THE FAIRFIELD INN. THE WAY I FIGURE IT, WE'LL ARRIVE AT 9 PM THAT NIGHT AND BE AT THE AIRPORT AT 4:00 AM THE NEXT MORNING SO........

I'll check those sites. Are they reputable? I've never used any of them. I'd love to stay in the French Qt. or somewhere really nice if we had an extra day but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a hotel that I'm only going to be sleeping in a few hours. My main concern is that it be clean!!!!! I'm just really paranoid after the Days Inn thing! I'm tired and cranky after driving all day as it is. Don't want to have to run around finding another room once I get there. I knew I could get the help I need finding one on here! It's so nice to "know" people who "know"!! Thanks!!!

Robbie

Tonya,

Have a great time next week! Sorry I'll miss ya! Any tips on good shopping there? I'll be there 4 days. Got to fill my time some how! ha ha

Hi Robbie :)

Before you know it, it will be time for your cruise too! I can't believe mine has gotten here so fast :D

Great shopping is all over around here. Since you'll be out in the northwest part of town, I would recommend Mid Rivers Mall (it's not too far from O'Fallon, it is located at I-70 and Mid Rivers Mall Drive, you can see it from the highway). There are several other stores and smaller shopping centers very close to the mall.

If you feel like venturing a little farther into St. Louis, I would recommend The Galleria (a mall)....it is located where Interstate 64/Highway 40 (they're the same road) meets Interstate 170. In my opinion, it has some really nice stores (though some are out of my own personal price range!) and eating at the Cheesecake Factory there is a delight...great food, great atmosphere, GREAT CHEESECAKE!!! Then to go work off the calories you worked up over the cheesecake, you can go to the other side of the highway for MORE shopping in a smaller shopping center, but it has a ton of stores.

Check out the links :)

http://www.westfield.com/midrivers/

www.saintlouisgalleria.com

Hope you have a good time while you are here. Sorry I'll miss you too!

We stayed at the Wingate Airport, it was not clean. I would discourage anyone from staying here. The pool was not a pool, just an oversized hotub and it was dirty, dirty, dirty. The bathroom in our room was dirty, the exercise equipment was all broken. I would never use this hotel chain again.

We stayed at the Wingate Airport, it was not clean. I would discourage anyone from staying here. The pool was not a pool, just an oversized hotub and it was dirty, dirty, dirty. The bathroom in our room was dirty, the exercise equipment was all broken. I would never use this hotel chain again.

Thanks for letting me know that! Wingate was one of the ones they made sound good on the websites. Just another reason I love these boards!!

Robbie

Cotton: Sorry about the caps but as I stated before, this is a habit. On my computer at work we are required to type in caps for a certain program and we use that program all day long. Usually on this site, when I type in caps, it converts every letter except the first one into small letters. And yes, I am very excited. Can't wait to leave.

Archived