Decorating Cabin Doors

I had so much FUN decorating my door on my Disney cruise! I had it COVERED in cool magnets I made... but not sure how much I would do it on RCCL, as it doesn't seem as commonplace (and could totally picture the magnets growing legs and moving to other cabin doors).

If you do decorate it, try to personalize it as much as possible (with your cabin number, initials, first names... I would try to stay away from last names, unless you want just anyone knowing that type of information about you by just looking at your door).

Edited by cctimmom

What kind of decorations are you talking about?

Example: In Michaels they sell these 4 inch flat wooden pair of brightly colored sandals, and a coconut drink w/straw, and a pineapple, and a ship etc etc and all kind of "cruise" / beach objects. I have a small bin of different things I have collected over the years. I attach magnets to them and there you go!! You can really get creative. I also have these 2 cutout magnets that have our faces in them that I attach.

I love this idea! We're cruising over Christmas with our two teenagers (14 yr. old is a little "iffy" about missing the holidays at home) and this would be a great surprise with festive things on the door!

I had so much FUN decorating my door on my Disney cruise! I had it COVERED in cool magnets I made... but not sure how much I would do it on RCCL, as it doesn't seem as commonplace (and could totally picture the magnets growing legs and moving to other cabin doors).

If you do decorate it, try to personalize it as much as possible (with your cabin number, initials, first names... I would try to stay away from last names, unless you want just anyone knowing that type of information about you by just looking at your door).

All your ideas are cute...agree.. Never put your last names..but..I don't think you should put your first names either....:eek:..And make sure you remove all your decorations before disembarking...not something your cabin steward should have to do..

Interesting idea, but I do not decorate my hotel room door when I am staying at a land-based resort, so I never thought to decorate my stateroom door, nor would I plan to in the future. Just my opinion ....

Edited by brunello22

Are all the doors metal? I am specifically asking about the Monarch of the Seas.

Yes,all ships have metal doors (fire safety) and the walls are metal too.

I bring magnets for the room to post up events, invitations and other notes.....keeps the desk clean too!! :)

Yes,all ships have metal doors (fire safety) and the walls are metal too.

I bring magnets for the room to post up events, invitations and other notes.....keeps the desk clean too!! :)

Hmmmm ..... don't the decorations kind of defeat the whole fire safety idea?

Quick answer: Yes. But it's nothing like on Disney cruises.

I print my Meet and Mingle sign and stick that on the door. We don't put a lot of other stuff on there. I like having the M&M sign on there because it does make it easier to find your cabin, particularly when you're first on board.

Trying to attach my Disney door, but can't figure it out. I loved doing the doors. I did for 3 different cabins. So much fun. Ideas were very similair to cctimmom. Names, date of cruising with itinerary, etc. I am going to decorate my door. First names, and a few little signs that say something about having a good time. I love the idea of little items from Michael's. I need to check that out. I bought a box of business card size magnets. They have adhesive on the back of them. I cut them down some as I found they don't have to be big pieces. Works real well. I have even hot glued old refrig magnet to the back of the posters.

I print my Meet and Mingle sign and stick that on the door. We don't put a lot of other stuff on there. I like having the M&M sign on there because it does make it easier to find your cabin, particularly when you're first on board.

Good idea. Where do you get your M & M sign? We have signed up for it, but no sign.

Party Pooper here! I can see maybe putting something small on the door so that you can find you door but more that that is too much. I see no purpose in it at all and it makes it look to much like pre-school.

• Like 1

Party Pooper here! I can see maybe putting something small on the door so that you can find you door but more that that is too much. I see no purpose in it at all and it makes it look to much like pre-school.

I agree..But each to their own style..I've never decorated my door either...But when we purchased the room decorations from Gifts & Gear for our son's honeymoon..he did say the sign on the door always helped them to find their cabin easier..;)

When we cruise with the grandkids we let them go crazy with the decorations. No decorations go up when we cruise alone. Some of the doors we have seen are a bit much.

One thing that has been mentioned and I will mention it again...If you put it up ...take it down. If you are using tape be sure to get all of it off. Don't leave it for the cabin attendent to do.

WOW,thanks for all the replies. Didn't expect so many. We are travelling will kids and they love to do this. They always decorate doors when they are away at camps and I thought it would be a fun way for them to recognize each cabin. Thanks!

It will give us something to work on while we are waiting on our cruise to get here.