Booze From Bon Voyage

OldRockr1

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia

So out of these, which is the best? I usually drink Sobieski. I'm not in the mood to attempt smuggling and have it taken away. Suggestions are appreciated!

Charmy, I am a traditionalist so I prefer Stoli on that list, however we do a drink at my golf club called a Citrona, which is a Corona that you lime ad usual, add Abslout Citron to fill the neck and cap with your thumb, invert to mix and enjoy.

Both I reckon!

Have a wonderful cruise!

If you order booze from Bon Voyage I hope you receive it when you ask. I'm never ordering from Bon Voyage again. We would receive wines, champagne, etc. from friends, family, and travel agents when we first arrive in our rooms on many cruises. So we decided to order from Bon Voyage sparkling wine for 3 rooms on our last cruise. They asked when we would like them to be received and I said have them there to "Welcome" them onboard.

The $81.49 sparkling wines weren't in their rooms for a few days and all received them throughout our 7 day cruise. Good Luck if you order hope it's not received on your last cruise day.

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia

So out of these, which is the best? I usually drink Sobieski. I'm not in the mood to attempt smuggling and have it taken away. Suggestions are appreciated!

You can get regular Absolute also, not just the Citron.

You can get regular Absolute also, not just the Citron.

Thanks for adding that! For months now, I've only seen Absolute Citron on the price list and always wondered if regular Absolute was available as well. I never asked about it b/c I figured I'd find out for myself when I call BV in a few weeks, but it's nice to know ahead of time.

every thread about Bon Voyage liquor or smuggling makes me glad I don't drink enough to deal with either choice.

Don't get me wrong; I enjoy a good margarita now and again, but I'm a total lightweight when it comes to alcohol. I always just say I'm a cheap date! :D

We managed to get a promise of 4 drink coupons from our PVP for our upcoming cruise. That will probably take care of the first day, maybe even the 2nd...

Thank you Host Mach for that price list. Aside from the red bull, all in all prices are not obscene. Kudos to Carnival for that.

I know what you mean,

but this past week on the Elation, the Stoli that goes for $40 from Bon Voyage....

was priced at 2 / $20. I just looked at it and shook my head.:(

You can order a 'bar setup' through the Guest Services desk on board at the same price. It will be delivered to your cabin.

:)

Mach: You don't by chance have the complete wine package list of brands and costs for the Triumph do you?

Has anyone else had the problem mentioned below with Bon Voyage? We have never used this before but I am wanting to try it this cruise for my DH to have in the cabin. But I don't want to spend $60.00 if he doesn't get it until the end of the trip. Also, if he doesn't finish the bottle, are we allowed to take it when we disembark?

If you order booze from Bon Voyage I hope you receive it when you ask. I'm never ordering from Bon Voyage again. We would receive wines, champagne, etc. from friends, family, and travel agents when we first arrive in our rooms on many cruises. So we decided to order from Bon Voyage sparkling wine for 3 rooms on our last cruise. They asked when we would like them to be received and I said have them there to "Welcome" them onboard.

The $81.49 sparkling wines weren't in their rooms for a few days and all received them throughout our 7 day cruise. Good Luck if you order hope it's not received on your last cruise day.

Has anyone else had the problem mentioned below with Bon Voyage? We have never used this before but I am wanting to try it this cruise for my DH to have in the cabin. But I don't want to spend $60.00 if he doesn't get it until the end of the trip. Also, if he doesn't finish the bottle, are we allowed to take it when we disembark?

We've used it out of Port Canaveral (twice) and Tampa (once) and it has always been in the room when we got there. Will use it again in Tampa in January. :D

I'm just trying to be clear on this... if I order from Bon Voyage, that bottle is there in my room for the whole cruise? Not handed to me as I leave?

And if I don't order from Bon Voyage, can I board the ship, contact someone, and have a bottle brought or made available to me?

I just want to be able to mix a drink when I feel like it. I'd really rather not "smuggle" alcohol, but if that's the only way I can get a drink when and how I want it, then smuggle I will.

I'm just trying to be clear on this... if I order from Bon Voyage, that bottle is there in my room for the whole cruise?

It will be in the cabin when you get there unless you are leaving port from Texas or Alabama, then you get it after you clear state/federal waters. (Silly alcohol laws in those two states) It's yours to keep in the cabin.

And if I don't order from Bon Voyage, can I board the ship, contact someone, and have a bottle brought or made available to me?

That is unclear, some stories say yes they have ordered from the pursers desk, others say from room service, and others say it can't be done at all.

Best to order at least two weeks in advance and ask for a receipt to be emailed and print it out and take it on the ship with you.

It will be in the cabin when you get there unless you are leaving port from Texas or Alabama, then you get it after you clear state/federal waters. (Silly alcohol laws in those two states) It's yours to keep in the cabin.

That is unclear, some stories say yes they have ordered from the pursers desk, others say from room service, and others say it can't be done at all.

Best to order at least two weeks in advance and ask for a receipt to be emailed and print it out and take it on the ship with you.

Awesome, thanks!

Hi everyone, just ordered rum and vodka for our room from Bon Voyage. I did ask if it could be ordered on board if we were to run out (being shared with another cabin...) and they said no. Have got confirmation numbers and hope that all is in order when we arrive. Easy transaction without any issues.

• 2 weeks later...
Can I order bottles of booze through room service and have it delivered? Or is having my vodka delivered to my room ONLY available through the Bon Voyage gift program? I guess I'm trying to ask do I need to plan ahead or can I order additional bottles whilst aboard? wow, this makes me sound like I need a 12 step program.....:)

Not at all....i was wondering the same thing:D:eek:

How big are these bottles? I can't believe anyone would buy jack daniels at twice the price! These prices are pretty terrible...

Not when compared to buying a mixed drink on ship. I'll be mixing my Absolut with Crystal Light that I'll bring with me. Even if each drink is a double shot I'll get 17 drinks for $42. That's a far cry cheaper than $6.70/drink at the bar

BV will tell you that you cannot order on the ship. This is NOT true. Call up room service and order but they do run out of types near the end of the cruise. I'm not sure why... I always order on the ship because I can use OBC. You must use a credit card when ordering through BV.

The prices aren't good, but if you enjoy having a drink before dinner or on the balcony then it is worth it. As for saving money, it is negligible since you don't get the choice of all the mixers and combos that a bar would offer.

Archived