Jolly beach day pass, need help ....

stefanny28

Hi;

Sorry to ask this again but I am a little bit confused.

We are a party of 5 and will be in Antigua in January 2011. We want buy the day pass at Jolly beach resort.

I have a few questions and really need your help with these:

1/Is the resort located on Jolly Beach?

2/How much will the taxi cost?

3/Will it be easy to find a taxi that takes all the 5 of us?

4/Does the day pass include beach chair and umbrella or it is extra?

5/ do you have to pay in advance or can we pay when we get there? I was thinking that if the weather turns nasty, we don't have to go there for nothing. The last time we book a day pass, it was in Ocho Rios and it was during one of the few storms that they had....

Thanks in advance

I can answer a few of your questions but not all as we have not done the day pass option at the resort (We've been to the beach there several times and we just take the bus):

The resort is a large complex and the area just beyond the sand part of the beach has small private homes/rentals.

The taxi one way to Jolley Beach is about $18. Taxis are plentiful both at the dock and up the street outside the dock area. However, I can't tell you for certain that all 5 will fit in the taxi as the ones I remember were all on the compact size (max 5 including driver.)

Jolley Beach is beautiful :)

Yes, I send a request for a day pass and still have not received anything yet. Is this normal?

How long does it take? Should I call them directly?

When you book, do they charge on your credit card or they will hold the card number and you can pay cash when you get there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We did the Jolly Beach Resort Day pass last Nov. There are plenty of van type cabs which will take you there. There were seven of us in one cab.

It is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen! They have several

hobiecats, and other water sport equipment. The chairs are included in the price, also lunch. There are a lot of palm trees right on the beach for shade.

I highly recommend it.

It's about 20 minutes from the cruise dock. You can google Jolly Beach Resort and it tells the price of a day pass, etc. The cab driver dropped us off and came back and picked us up at a time we picked. We did not pay him anything until he picked us back up.

• 3 weeks later...
I can answer a few of your questions but not all as we have not done the day pass option at the resort (We've been to the beach there several times and we just take the bus):

The resort is a large complex and the area just beyond the sand part of the beach has small private homes/rentals.

The taxi one way to Jolley Beach is about $18. Taxis are plentiful both at the dock and up the street outside the dock area. However, I can't tell you for certain that all 5 will fit in the taxi as the ones I remember were all on the compact size (max 5 including driver.)

Jolley Beach is beautiful :)

Where did you catch the bus to the Jolly beach?

do they take American dollars for the bus?

thanks.

Can anyone tell me if the food was any good? What did you eat

And what kind of beverages was the House Brand? Can you get beer and frozen drinks.

Thanks

I hope someone answers you, I am also wondering if it is buffet lunch or just a hot dog or hamburger type lunch?

• 2 weeks later...

It was a buffet lunch when we were there. Not great, but we weren't there for the food...the beach was amazing!! We had beer (only one kind and it was alright but I am not a beer person), bloody mary and margaritas and they were what you would expect. We would for sure go back to this resort for the day! PS bring a beach towel with you, we were lucky they gave us one anyways...

I spent 10 days in the area last winter when I rented a villa on Jolly Beach (not part of the all inclusive resort). Personally, I would save the $$ charged by the resort and just take a cab (or the bus) to Castaways on Jolly Beach. You can have a better lunch and drinks on the sand overlooking the same beach for less than $60 a person. They also rent chairs and umbrellas there. It is a beautiful beach, great for swimming, but the Jolly Beach resort semed a bit shabby and the food did not look very good IMHO. Castaways had lots of food and drink choices. There are also several good restaurants over at the Harbor (walking distance) and another resort at the far end of the beach that we ate at for dinner (good), but never tried for lunch.

Archived