What are your top 3 reasons for cruising?

1. Just to get away from "it all". I dont have to answer the telephone, and say no to my boss! etc etc.

2. Because I cruise to the Caribbean, it is to enjoy some nice weather, and visit some nice ports of call, even those I have been to before many times. I just love Mexico and the islands.

3. And yes of course the food! One week in my life, where there is no weigh scale, and the word diet does not enter into my vocabulary! ( except for maybe when I order the "diet" coconut cake for dessert in the MDR:D

1. Having all four of us together as a family for an entire week.

2. Having someone else make my bed and cook and serve my food.

3. Totally LETTING GO of the real world!

4. Have to add this b/c my whole family enjoys it: sleeping on the swaying ship!

My favorite thing used to be that my husband's cell phone stopped ringing as soon as we boarded the ship........unfortunately, now that there's cell service onboard, that's no longer the case. Fortunately, he's realized how crucial it is to our vacation happiness to press the OFF button as soon as we board! :D

Being able to arrive on the ship, unpack, and not have to schlepp luggage from location to location -- the ship moves, I get to see different places I otherwise would not be able to see.

Not having to try to find resources in strange cities -- places to eat, places to buy forgotten things, entertainment. This frees my husband to explore new places (I stay on the ship -- I'm in a wheelchair -- while he goes off on excursions, and doesn't have to worry about me and whether I'll be able to eat, etc.)

Being waited on, catered to, pampered.

While having food convenient is important, the quality or novelty isn't. I don't go to many of the entertainment venues on board, don't gamble, don't go to the spa, don't swim, etc....so that's not important. Itinerary IS important..I'll not ever cruise to the Bahamas or Caribbean, but otherwise I'm always looking for new places to visit.

Archived